Trial and error till you fix what's wrong.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So since we got our first vhf 4axis mill almost 3 years ago we learned how to fix things since to tune of $750.00.

These are all the touch off plates we went through in the past 3 years until we found a cure for the faulty touch off process. 30 plates in total, I get them for 25.00 so the damage wasn't too bad. All the plates have had the touch off peg milled down multiple times, some even to the core.

uploadfromtaptalk1461693039623.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
So, what was the solution? You aren't the only one with touch plate issues on the VHF. Did you get any satisfaction from the distributor through whom you bought the unit, or were you on your own? Frankly, I'm very patient, love trouble shooting and am pretty good at it, but man, that's a lot of plates.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So since we got our first vhf 4axis mill almost 3 years ago we learned how to fix things since to tune of $750.00.

These are all the touch off plates we went through in the past 3 years until we found a cure for the faulty touch off process. 30 plates in total, I get them for 25.00 so the damage wasn't too bad. All the plates have had the touch off peg milled down multiple times, some even to the core.

View attachment 21521

You could buy a lot of Converse sneakers for that money.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So, what was the solution? You aren't the only one with touch plate issues on the VHF. Did you get any satisfaction from the distributor through whom you bought the unit, or were you on your own? Frankly, I'm very patient, love trouble shooting and am pretty good at it, but man, that's a lot of plates.
First mill was from cad blu bad unit no support wanted cause they were soooo bad. Second unit from talladium got more support then bargained for. Jason Frazier knows those mills inside out. Plus a lot of internal re-grounding and a signal booster was added. On top of a every 3 month cover off main board cleaning.

I just changed out a 1mm sierra razor sharp that was cutting zr only at 403 units, cost me .12 per unit just on the 1mm. #UCK yeah!!!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
And they probably last longer than those touch plates.
On my feet they do. I wear them till they literally fall apart. I love my converse.

A

adl

Reaction score
First mill was from cad blu bad unit no support wanted cause they were soooo bad. Second unit from talladium got more support then bargained for. Jason Frazier knows those mills inside out. Plus a lot of internal re-grounding and a signal booster was added. On top of a every 3 month cover off main board cleaning.

I just changed out a 1mm sierra razor sharp that was cutting zr only at 403 units, cost me .12 per unit just on the 1mm. #UCK yeah!!!

I have a VHF mill as well and after 3 years I ended up installing an amplifier ( thanks to Sevan 's suggestion) . I had all those touch plate issues as well and that did the trick for me..its been over 2 months now and my touch plate is still like brand new ! 3 years was an awful long time though. I used to have to move the touch point or replace the plate every 4-6 weeks.my reseller provided the amplifier for me at no cost.Too bad it took that long,but now it's good to go.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

Just changed my Zr set of tools last week, the 1mm had 1164 units...:D

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just changed my Zr set of tools last week, the 1mm had 1164 units...:D
F.Y.I. that 403 was on a sierra razor sharp tool uncoated. NOT a diamond. I only run a diamond on the 2mm in the 4axis vfh.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have a VHF mill as well and after 3 years I ended up installing an amplifier ( thanks to Sevan 's suggestion) . I had all those touch plate issues as well and that did the trick for me..its been over 2 months now and my touch plate is still like brand new ! 3 years was an awful long time though. I used to have to move the touch point or replace the plate every 4-6 weeks.my reseller provided the amplifier for me at no cost.Too bad it took that long,but now it's good to go.

Good news. Glad your mill is running top notch.

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
Can you send me some sample so that i can examine this and give you a review?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
detetive-monk4.png Thank you ,Thank you , Thank you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: