Translucent zirconia

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
... this is just my viewpoint and it may not be what others think.

we have used Heaney, Metoxit, and Talladum Luminesse brand zirconia Hgh translucency discs and in my own opinion - none of them look much different. we've tried a lot of ways to make them better including setting sintering 30deg hotter, tapering the shade, high polishing...

Given that I only have been looking at different high-end Zirconia's for a few months, comparing side by sides of different ones in an attempt to find the prettiest, most translucent, personally I can see no difference between the small sampling of five that I compared. In my humble opinion, the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

Last edited:
SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
The best looking Zirconia :)

I saw it, I bought it and I tried it. I also need to write down - I was disappointed in some kind of a way - the monolitic way

In my opinion it just does not fit in a such a natural enviroment without some help of us. So I am still waiting for more to come.
But I also need to be fair, because I have just tried Zirkonzahn - Prettau, so no opinion on other Zr.

I guess I haven't learn anything from the movies :)

Year 1993 - Michael Douglas - Falling down ''Tell me, what's wrong with this picture''

I guess I am not alone with these expectations. For me, Zr. still isn't good enough to be a single monolitic crown in an esthetically way.

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_2564.jpg

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_2567.jpg

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_2583.jpg

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_2584.jpg

Still hope for better times :)
ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_2564.jpg ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_2567.jpg ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_2583.jpg ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_2584.jpg

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The pictures are really nice though !!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Ok well since this thread has been resurrected let me revisit my thoughts. It has been a year now since we began fishing around with various methods of stain. What we have concluded was tbat traditional pfm stains do work and are equivalent to emax stains. Translucency being a moot issue in the majority of cases.

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
The best looking Zirconia :)

I saw it, I bought it and I tried it. I also need to write down - I was disappointed in some kind of a way - the monolitic way

In my opinion it just does not fit in a such a natural enviroment without some help of us. So I am still waiting for more to come.
But I also need to be fair, because I have just tried Zirkonzahn - Prettau, so no opinion on other Zr.

I guess I haven't learn anything from the movies :)

Year 1993 - Michael Douglas - Falling down ''Tell me, what's wrong with this picture''

I guess I am not alone with these expectations. For me, Zr. still isn't good enough to be a single monolitic crown in an esthetically way.

Still hope for better times :)

Don't worry, this little full contour zirconia fad will be over soon and we won't have to worry about it anymore.

Rick

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Don't worry, this little full contour zirconia fad will be over soon and we won't have to worry about it anymore.

Rick

That's what they said about break dancing Rick..... And I still break out the worm occasionally

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
IMO acid based stains are the devil with high trans ZR period.Not only do they kill your ovens they just havent worked for me, to much chroma

Presently Iam using a water based stain and having great results.

Have used and are using many of the translucent materials mentioned early in this thread to great results. All i can advise is ,paint 1 coat of body color on then apply your greys ,whites so on.

Most inportant----- fire about 40 c higher for talladium and heany.Heany says stable to 1600 with no worries

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Recently received a couple of sample pucks of B&D's new Live zirconia and their shading liquids and incisals. The best I have seen to date in terms of translucency and shade...

Top Bottom