Translucent zirconia

H

holyhikaru

Reaction score
Recently, I heard a lot about translucent zirconia.

- Anyone know what brands are now selling it? or planning to sell it

- How about their mechanical properties?

- Is it beautiful enough to replace bilayered veneer-coping restoration?

I heard that on CAD/CAM symposium they talked about that too, but I didn't have chance to attend. :(

Thank you

amer84

amer84

Reaction score
yeah
zirkonzahn prittau it's more (translucency) than traditional zirconium matereals but in fact Iprefer to use ceramic vennering on incisal areas or even for all buccal side

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Hole,

I'll sell ya some.

It looks better than Bruxzir material IMO.

Wanna see a sample? Send a file.

We just started using it this week! I got my first pallet of it last week.

Very very very happy with quality and price.

Scott

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hi Hole,

I'll sell ya some.

It looks better than Bruxzir material IMO.

Wanna see a sample? Send a file.

We just started using it this week! I got my first pallet of it last week.

Very very very happy with quality and price.

Scott

Could this be A. G new T. material

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Na...

I think only Mark Jackson has seen it, or it's distant cousin..

I do not think Mark is buying this yet, but he should!

I friggin love it! Sorry, I'm telling you guys yet what it is.

It has no name, and you have/will not see an ad for it.

I think I will call it B-O-L-O-G-N-A Zirconia.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
We had some of this but dropped it on the floor and never found it again. It was so clear it wouldn't refract light.

I have an idea for growing human enamel in blocks but can't find the square test tubes I need.

When do you guys work?

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
I want some of this

My next case what do I ask for my Dr. want let me order Bologna:eyebrows:

P

Pointcloud

Reaction score
There are milling centres promoting great FC Zirconia - very translucent
There are only a few we have seen that meeting an acceptable standard or benchmark

Forget the marketing ask for a sample crown and compare them all
Check out
  • Bruxzir – they sell blocks or crowns (they mill 10,000 a week)
  • CAP FZ – they sell blocks or crowns (just one the JDT wow award)
  • (WL) Zenostar – they sell blocks (great product)
Any Zir FC product should offer min 16 vita shades or it defeats the purpose of the product –
Quick stain and glaze – out the door

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Recently, I heard a lot about translucent zirconia.

- Anyone know what brands are now selling it? or planning to sell it

- How about their mechanical properties?

- Is it beautiful enough to replace bilayered veneer-coping restoration?

I heard that on CAD/CAM symposium they talked about that too, but I didn't have chance to attend. :(

Thank you

i'm going to quote you, to address this post point-by-point. remember this is just my viewpoint and it may not be what others think.

we have used Heaney, Metoxit, and Talladum Luminesse brand zirconia Hgh translucency discs and in my own opinion - none of them look much different. we've tried a lot of ways to make them better including setting sintering 30deg hotter, tapering the shade, high polishing, it doesnt come out quite like the shade tab but it does come somewhat close. i will be posting pics of some sample anteriors we did, while we were "experimenting" with the ZirkonZahn shading solution. but in another thread.

"replacing" layered zirconia - well not in all cases. really depends on the quality of the nut clicking the mouse in your CAD system. if he doesnt take the time to use the tools, you wont see nice full contours. you might get good copings, but not good full contours.

it took me 5 years to get "ok" at the 3shape system, to where i can almost independently design my own cases with few to no serious errors. with this background i am now sailing through the Laserdenta system. the skills are transferable and the work often comes out just as good.

it takes a lot of skill to get stuff that comes out of the mill the correct way the first time. you might HAVE to pay a big lab a lot of dosh for this.

G

Gita

Reaction score
Hi CoolHandLuke

it took me 5 years to get "ok" at the 3shape system, to where i can almost independently design my own cases with few to no serious errors. with this background i am now sailing through the Laserdenta system. the skills are transferable and the work often comes out just as good.

How's the comparison of 3shape and LD in your opinion??? Is it harder to design in LD???? Some techs i met said 3 shape is much easier, is it true???

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its not harder or easier, its simply different. once you are comfortable with the procedure you can make beautiful things. simply learn to create your own preferred anatomy library - the Laserdenta system will do a fair job of designing the preliminary positioning and tuning, but just as with the 3shape, 60% of the design is by hand, morphing and adding/removing.

with 3 shape you will often see much smoother surfaces on your copings.

M

manzu

Reaction score
Hi all
the only translucent zirconia comes from SAGEMAX Seattle US together with Dr. Tanaka color set - I test them all

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi all
the only translucent zirconia comes from SAGEMAX Seattle US together with Dr. Tanaka color set - I test them all

Hi Manzu, I have used loads of this stuff on the Everest and had really nice results, I like sagemax's coloured Zr as well, very nice. Never used the Tanaka stuff though, always gone with the emax liquid!

G

Gita

Reaction score
We just ordered the so called High translucency zirconia from biostar germany..
The result after sintering is more opaque than our standard VITA blocks... :(

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Hi all

Hahahahah. Been testing something else too I think. hahahaha

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
Regarding the 3Shape system... IMHO, there is no comparison. We used the LD system for a while here and it's simply miles behind the 3Shape system. We do not get errors on the 3Shape system much at all and we design several hundred units per day using it. LD readily admits there are several pertinent things they have not incorporated yet but will in the future. In that future, 3Shape will already be onto the next evolution. You don't easily catch up in software these days... especially when the company you're trying to catch has 10 times as many developers/software geeks.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
its not harder or easier, its simply different. once you are comfortable with the procedure you can make beautiful things. simply learn to create your own preferred anatomy library - the Laserdenta system will do a fair job of designing the preliminary positioning and tuning, but just as with the 3shape, 60% of the design is by hand, morphing and adding/removing.

with 3 shape you will often see much smoother surfaces on your copings.

We have a proprietary anatomical library that is awsome. Sorry to disagree. When using this library, I think 80% of the design is done with the initial proposal. We often finalize a great tooth form in 17-30 clicks.
You can download a unit from the library for free, no strings attached at
CAP Anatomical Library
We generally use the 2 point proximal contact placement tool to obtaininitia
Proposals.
Bob

Top Bottom