Transfer

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
I have a 10 unit maxillary implant bridge to do on 4 Biomet abutments, mandible has good dentition

Will make the verification jig...etc

What's the best technique to transfer the vertical height etc of the temporary bridge as there are no fixed points of reference to locate the silicone matrix of the temps on the master model..

Is a clear blowdown of the temp bridge a reasonable idea? That should fit over the master model and locate on the palate??

Be good to hear what people do.

thanks

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
If the bite is dead on perfect in the temps for a round house opposing natural teeth, and the client is unwilling to remove 4 abutments and allow you to mount the master model using the temp bridge he has a lot to learn.

Is your master impression at the abutment level or the fixture level? I assume its at the fixture level since you mentioned a verification jig so perhaps your not local to this client to allow the abutments and the temp bridge to come to the lab for the afternoon for mounting.

If you have an impression of the temp bridge in place and both that impression and the master model has a clean palate a clear suck-down will transfer to get you pretty close. The problem is with the dimension of the material going over the temp bridge will skew things a bit.

You could dial things in further if this is going to be a metal ceramic bridge by doing a frame try in. When I have a case like this with no stops and I am trying to replicate the VD/CR I will cast the frame at the mounting I have I will tripod the bite with resin stops on top of the metal to allow the client to double check the relation. If things aren't perfect I have him equilibrate the stops and take a bite over the top of the bridge for a remount prior to stacking glass.

If you are doing something CAD CAM I would do the proposed design in PMMA to try in as stated in another thread.

Good luck

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
If you are doing something CAD CAM I would do the proposed design in PMMA to try in as stated in another thread.

Thanks John, didnt think of a PMMA temp....the rest makes sense

pip

Top Bottom