Titanium vs. CoCr

A

AKP

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

For those who ever milled bridge in both of those materials, have you noticed that one material (based on the templet) run longer than other? If longer, how long? Did you have differet type of tools for each material? I want to see what to realistically expect, when milling in both of them.
It is not something we will be doing daily, but now and then we have a case that is done in metal. Thanks!

Z

Zirconia Wizard

Reaction score
I'm not sure what mill you have but I run both Ti and CoCr material daily. Both use same four tools (3.0 roughing, 2.5, 1.5, 1.0). I use one set for each material type. My CoCr is dry and Ti is wet. Tools have 10 hours of life each on average.
Overall for bridge work I'd say fairly familiar mill times. For my mill I average 40-45min per coping and bridge about 1.5 hours sometimes less.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'm not sure what mill you have but I run both Ti and CoCr material daily. Both use same four tools (3.0 roughing, 2.5, 1.5, 1.0). I use one set for each material type. My CoCr is dry and Ti is wet. Tools have 10 hours of life each on average.
Overall for bridge work I'd say fairly familiar mill times. For my mill I average 40-45min per coping and bridge about 1.5 hours sometimes less.
What mill is that ?

A

AKP

Reaction score
Yeah, what kind of mill do you have? How big are the bridges?

Z

Zirconia Wizard

Reaction score
I was just assessing a 3 unit bridge. As far as mill goes. I'd rather not, as the discussion only requested estimated mill times and experience with tool usage, type, etc. If you're interested on feedback and are mill shopping I can share that with you but I don't believe sharing my mill would add to this discussion.