Thoughts on new Nobel biocare scanner?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So the new Nobel scanner just found it's way into our lab. Done a few scans for coping, bridge, abut wax up, and abut design. Pretty much NOT user friendly. Wanting to hear some thoughts from others who have it or have tried it. We've had the mod 40 and forte, sirona craplab, I mean inlab, and 3shape which is by far the best of that bunch. This new Nobel scan is at the bottom as far as ease of use goes

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Have you been to the training in New Jersey?

If you have past cad/cam experience I find it hard to believe that you find this one not user friendly.

I can scan/design/send an abutment off to nobel in less than 7 mins. Seems pretty user friendly to me.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I've got five years of cad experience and of all those I've listed the new software for nobel is by far the least user friendly for me. It also has the slowest scan times. My first abutments took 10 min in design alone after stumbling through all the "hidden" tools (I guess I'm not used to opening tabs to get access to tools). My first 3shape abutment took just barely 2 min of design time.
Hearing your results is extremely reassuring, I'll just have to get used to it. Thanks for posting.

Toto

Toto

Reaction score
Yes I agree with you -We have the new Nobel scanner and still have the older forte which is alot easier to use- rather disappointed with Nobels new scanner -takes longer to scan and is not very user friendly

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its funny,I think its what you get used to, I remember the first bar I designed and how long it took me to do it. Now its like second nature and much faster once its digitized.

Scan times on full arch stuff I agree takes to long but for singles and short bridges/single unit abutments its as fast as anything out there I can assure you that.

I also think the speed of the computer system effects processing time, I opted for the laptop which is still good and powerful, however I think a dedicated bigboy System would most definitely show me an improvement.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
So the new Nobel scanner just found it's way into our lab. Done a few scans for coping, bridge, abut wax up, and abut design. Pretty much NOT user friendly. Wanting to hear some thoughts from others who have it or have tried it. We've had the mod 40 and forte, sirona craplab, I mean inlab, and 3shape which is by far the best of that bunch. This new Nobel scan is at the bottom as far as ease of use goes

hahaha.. craplab. good one.

B

bentley

Reaction score
We have the new Nobel scanner and find it very user friendly-take the course and follow-up with webex training. We also find the Nobel scanner to be extremely accurate and it scans deep down into tissue models where others won't for virtual abutment design. Bars are second to none. Wish our CS2 performed as well as the nobel-I'm hoping for positive changes relating to DW.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would buy an closed system.
I guess you must have been sold by a good rep.
B

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
B

because not everyone has or wants to drop 150k to 200k on new tech. we had Nobel system, piccolo(what a turd that was),but it was ahead of.its time 10 years. If we were a 1 or 2 person outfit, i wouldnt invest in any of it until everything levels out. Straight scanner is waste of money until the prices come down. Most milling centers are practically giving their coping away.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
B

Open ? Closed? Selectively open? it's a ridiculous concept as I see it. What matters most is setting a contract for the product you will use and not worry if consistency is going to be a variable. Nobel was a good fit for me.

I have been with Nobel for many many years and feel that every scanner that I purchased preformed well and did the job I needed it to do. As software changes and technology advances perhaps the viability of any one system may become shorter than that of the past. Determining your ROI has become much more difficult because of this Partnering with a company that is stable and provides me with products that are exceptional is my main concern.

Now is it the only scanner I have in my lab? Well no, has it been a good investment for me absolutely.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I love closed systems and used equip.

We can work with that.

Bob, you gotsta get SUM3D/DentalShaper. You'll love it!

Luigi will be in the states in a week. You should try a demo!

Scott

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Build a system that even a fool can use and only a fool will want to use it.

Old Navy Tech

Old Navy Tech

Reaction score
because not everyone has or wants to drop 150k to 200k on new tech. we had Nobel system, piccolo(what a turd that was),but it was ahead of.its time 10 years. If we were a 1 or 2 person outfit, i wouldnt invest in any of it until everything levels out. Straight scanner is waste of money until the prices come down. Most milling centers are practically giving their coping away.

I'm a 2 person lab, and I dropped 36,000 on the D810 from 3Shape, it's Amazing!
Open source, 5 megapixel optics, and the new 2012 software is awesome, scan times are adjustable, and still fast when high resolution is selected. Oh, did I mention it's Open source :)... I don't have to be corralled into one system that one company thinks I should do.