This Scanners merits or shortfalls?

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Hi there ,
I was wondering if anyone on this forum uses this scanner and what the merits or shortfalls of this product are ?
And Could you let me know if the specs are any good?
I am currently receiving milled frames from this scanners data and the fits are really good and im interested in buying this second hand scanner .

Thanks your thoughts would be appreciated

http://www.cctechnik.com/produkte/scanner/organical-desktop.html#tab-produkt

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Nobody know this scanner at all?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
They are EGS scanners. They're not bad, how much are they asking?

M

mcfly

Reaction score
What are EGS scanners ?He is asking i think $15 k with exocad. Is that a reasonable price?

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Looks like a grandmas bread box :) But if they really work in 15 microns scale then it a good buy for 15k $ (y)

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Used one before, The one I played with was a bit slow but not terribly slow. The real problem was it had no fixtures so you had to struggle with rubber bands and tacky taffy. Went kinda' like this,... flip, flop, clunk,...CRAP!!! Check to see about available fixtures,...if they include some good ones then I'd say it's a fair deal. Ask about what version of exocad your getting with it and if it is up to date. I am assuming it is not supported which could be a problem if you get a glich,...hmmmmm... Hmmmm2

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
I haven't used the scanner, may be fine ... however for just a few thousand more you could get you an Identica SE, with support and a new PC. That'll also include screw based jigs and other accessories, including a multi die plate.

J

Joeromania

Reaction score
Please don't buy EGS scanners ! I bought one 6month ago and don't work anymore so I sent it to repaire and after 8weeks I didn't receive it yet ! Beside that , the scanner (Dscan3) is their bigger one and their last model , can't put 2attachments parallel and can t work with 2jaws at the same time ! The support is zero as you are treating with amateur ! It was the terrible experience I ever had ! So please not EGS !