thick veneers!

R

rabia

Reaction score
okay well this time i recieved a veneer case with prep thickness around 1.5 mm:eek:
the patient wants lighter than B1 color so i was thinking to go for HT BL2 ingot and then stain it down?? i am scared to go for LT with such thickness that it will be too opaque?!
what would be your selection?

many thanks​

P

paulg100

Reaction score
I am using LT at this thickness always, with an incisal cutback.

Although this is the CAD varient, not press so im not sure how they compare, i think the LT CAD is more vital.

How are you staining chroma into a HT, just dosent work from experience.
You cant replicate the internal warmth of chroma with an external stain.

As for a complete stain technique on anterior teeth, ewww
with 1.5mm you have plenty of space to create a great vital cutback.

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
it will end up way too low value, i would use bl4 with an incisal cutback and stain down as needed

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
i think you have CHOICES!! which is a good thing. 1.5mm gives plenty of room to manuever a ton. Your oringinal selection on HT BL2 I think will work well. i disagree that it will be too low value, especially with that shade in HT. True, HT's can be a bit tricky with anything over say, A1, but your bumping your value up quite a bit and that should give you a good result pressed full and stained down (especially with that thickness). the LT with a cutback would also work if your wanting to build in a little incisal to give them extra "zing". I work probably press the LT (if you choose them) in a BL3. hopefully you have a decently light prep/stump shade to work over as well.

R

rabia

Reaction score
I am using LT at this thickness always, with an incisal cutback.

Although this is the CAD varient, not press so im not sure how they compare, i think the LT CAD is more vital.

How are you staining chroma into a HT, just dosent work from experience.
You cant replicate the internal warmth of chroma with an external stain.

As for a complete stain technique on anterior teeth, ewww
with 1.5mm you have plenty of space to create a great vital cutback.

Paul! i hate to cut back the whole surface and build again.. the patient just wants something brighter than B1 and she doesn't care about the shade guide. i love HT but frankly i have never tried to press it with such a big space.. i am only scared its gonna look grayish in the mouth??? and i wonder if i go for a bleaching color with HT say BL2 wouldn't that compensate for the brightness and give it a higher value:confused:

P

paulg100

Reaction score
I Dont cut back the whole surface just the incisal third which you would reduce in wax so no grinding after, then micro layer.

The few HT bits ive done have ended up looking grey so ive kinda steared clear of HT so far.

If anyone has any pics of anterior work with a stain only technique then id love to see.

I dont think stain tehnique even in empress is good enough for anterior work, so i cant see how this is looking good in emax.

Obviously a lot more productive so if theres something im missing then please tell :)

R

rabia

Reaction score
just finished waxing they took me 7 hours!!! i will press on Saturday, still wondering which ingot should i use:confused:

Last edited:
finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
I'd go with LT BL2
cut back incisal and layer

P

paulg100

Reaction score
7 hours! jeez they must be looking good :)

hope they dont misspress doh!

R

rabia

Reaction score
thanks everyone, i did the pressing in HT BL2 with no cut back and a very slight staining, they turned out lovely!! both the patient and the dentist were very happy:)
if i would ever do veneers for myself HT will be my choice:cool:

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
I've done couple cosmetic rehabs lately and found the ht's to work beautifully with bleach shades.

Top Bottom