The proper inteproximal contact points.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Friends,
What is your experience of a proper proximal contact points,

I have a client who is giving me more grey hair lately, I used to check contacts points for him on solid cast but he complains contacts are slightly open, ( i tried scraping slightly the contact points on stones )I switched to master model to check contacts points now it is too tight, I switched to die keen risin enforced, I pay close attention to stone expansion. I am scratching my head for a remedy !!!!any secret trick out there???

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Temps proximal contacts too tight.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Temps proximal contacts too tight.

If it is the doctors issue then you wouldn't be the only one who builds him loose contacts...
So don't be afraid to tell him he is your only account who often gives you feedback about loose contacts...

How do things look on a third pour solid?

S

SdLi25

Reaction score
Different dentists like different contacts. But if he/she is the only account with proximal contact issues, then it is most likely somethingWhether that be a temp problem, or he/she wants perfect proximal contact on every crown. Good luck.

Do you ever get an alginate back with the crown in place to see what they are seeing??

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Friends,
What is your experience of a proper proximal contact points,

I have a client who is giving me more grey hair lately, I used to check contacts points for him on solid cast but he complains contacts are slightly open, ( i tried scraping slightly the contact points on stones )...........

I would use that version for your reference point. What you were scraping, now do 1 or 2 more light scrapes, and write it down (number of scrapes, using the same BP knife for that process only, and changing the blade every now and then) until he likes them. Chances are his temps are tight, as with the others feedback here.

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
I bet it's his temps....only problem is how do you tell a dentist it could be something they are doing thats causing the problem???? good luck Tayeb! I just lost an account because after the third time remaking a crown from a horrible impression he called frustrated and all I did was say "to be honest with you doc....this is a difficult impression to work with" and he snapped at me and havent seen a case from him since. AND I LOVE IT!!!!! (his partner still sends me work :) )

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You love it for now, chances are he'll be back, after he finds out how good of a job you were doing with his work, let alone to do this case 3 times (I'm assuming at N/C)

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
haha he's left once before and been back.....who knows maybe he will be back? if he does I will be wiser in dealing with his type thats for sure. if he doesn't I will have gained the wisdom needed and will move on so I am happy either way. and actually they were not at N/C this case was bad enough that even he knew it was his fault but after the third time he was just so frustrated that he had paid 3x for the same case and was losing a patient( i assume) he just took everything out on me. Oh well....I dont let hacks bother me anymore.

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
Is he the only one your having a problem with if so then its his fault even though he will never admit it. If it was something you were doing you would be seeing it acrossed the board with every account. Just have to tip-toe threw the tulips with guys like that.