Test and test locations..

L

labdude

Reaction score
Fo me, it would be orthodontics.
So I go to the NBC site. While the hands on test in laid out, the written isn't.
Anybody here who has taken the written portion care to shed some light on its contents??
The location for testing seems to be very poorly located for some folks. Are ther other options, or do they not show all location for 2009 yet.
From what I've read, and heard, there are no other choices.
I have no interest in taking the CDT exam, till I have no choice.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Mike, the first test you'd have to complete is the comprehensive exam unless you're a RG (Recognized Graduate),that test will take you a few hours to complete and has various locations throughout the United States every year. Once you've passed the comprehensive then you can move on to the written and practical for your specialty. The 2009 year most likely hasn't had it's dates posted yet. The best bet is to call NBC to find out for sure. However, most places you can take the written and practical at the same place and sometimes even on the same day. Hope that helps.

Oh just a tid bit of intel I found out today, CDT's are not automatically NADL members now, therefore access to their website is denied unless you're a NADL member. How flipping gay is that? I guess the continuing ed. credits and the 120.00 yearly dues wasn't enough for them, now they need their paws into you for more money by making you pay for membership dues.......I know this a mute argument, kinda like having a personal conversation with one of your political representatives...good luck with that.....and the NADL has so many fooled, just wait till their big brother the F.D.A comes out with more regulations for you all to follow. Hang on to your boxers/panties folks.

L

labdude

Reaction score
I'm not usually recogonitized to the right places.

So....that compreehencive, they wanna know what you know about eberfin??
HHHmmm....maybe it will pass by my state for the 10 or so years.
The practical for my speesiiality seems real simple. They list it. They don't list what they expect for the Comprehensive or the written for the specialty.
But then comprehensive...hhhmmmm....I do comprehend what they want to do. Sounds like rear end damage.

I did notice the blurb over at NADL about, you can't see this part if your not a member.
Interesting now they want money for that as well.
That video at each site (NBC,NADL) is creepy to the max. We just want to certify you as competent, and regulate you forever after. Up front, it sounds good. What it has come to mean worries me for future lab workers and owners.
Not to mention the increased cost for dental care.
I want to at least fell o.k. bout this stuff, but how?? Joining up with it??
Should be like the MDT, or other "papers" of qualification. Get your shingle and go to work. It's what the drs., lawyers, etc. do after they get their "papers".
Oh man.What fun.
Mike.

Top Bottom