National Dental Associations Celebrate June as Dental Technician and CDT Appreciation Month

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
NBC_NADL%20Logo.PNG

For Immediate Release

April 12, 2018

Meghan Brasher

NADL and NBC

[email protected]

(800) 950-1150

National Dental Associations Celebrate June as

Dental Technician and CDT Appreciation Month

Tallahassee, Fla. – The National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL) and the National Board for Certification in Dental Laboratory Technology (NBC) celebrate June as Dental Technician and Certified Dental Technician (CDT) Appreciation Month.

"I tip my hat to my fellow Certified Dental Technicians as we celebrate CDT Appreciation Month!” said Denise Burris, 2018 NBC Chair and NADL board member. “The commitment required to earn your CDT designation is a direct reflection of your pride in yourself, your craft and especially to the patients you serve. It is a process that acutely defines your desire to elevate your skills to a professional level. I share in your dedication!”

Dental technicians bring considerable experience and subject matter expertise in the areas of dental materials, technology utilization, shade verification and restorative dentistry. Although generally operating behind the scenes of the oral health team, dental technicians are a crucial part of ensuring delivery of quality dental care.

Robert Savage, 2018 NADL Board President shared, “Drake Dental Lab has had a long tradition of encouraging the pursuit and attainment of the designation of CDT. Our founder Billy Drake, CDT achieved his 40-year certificate this past January and today Drake employs over 17 CDT’s with more working hard to complete the process. We believe that the Certified Dental Technician title demonstrates a willingness for continued skill and career advancement which is paramount in fulfilling our mission of dental excellence. Congratulations to everyone who has worked hard to achieve this status.”

NADL seeks to inform dentists and patients of the important role of the dental laboratory technician and dental laboratory through its What’s In Your Mouth campaign. In the U.S., most states set no minimum standards for persons to be employed as dental technicians. In fact, only four states in the U.S. require either certification or continuing education for dental technicians.

The NBC is an independent certification organization dedicated to improving the quality of dental laboratory technology through voluntary testing and certification of dental laboratories and technicians. This is the only voluntary certification program for dental laboratory technicians recognized by the American Dental Association.

The CDT designation demonstrates a mastery of the knowledge and applied skills needed in dental technology. It illustrates a technician's commitment to the field of dental technology and demonstrates their knowledge in six specialty areas: ceramics, complete dentures, crown and bridge, orthodontics, partial dentures and implants.

NADL is the unified voice of the dental laboratory industry supporting dentistry and serving the public interest by promoting high standards. NADL accomplishes this by providing programs, services and networking opportunities to meet the evolving technical, educational, professional and business needs of dental laboratories.

###​

Continue reading...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Dental Tech Month. Not quite like National Talk Like A Pirate Day now is it?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
My wedding anniversary falls on international talk like a Pirate day each year.
How friggin’ great is that?!?

Top Bottom