temp fee

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Getting a mill soon so i can make pmma temp as well as all the other stuff. What kind of fee are you guys charging as a %of a pfm fee. I haven't made any temps for about 5 years myself so i am a bit out of the loop.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I was in the same boat. Had been letting Glidewell do our temps. But, with 3Shape's new Temp solution, its became practical to make our own. In the end, i don't believe its the best (most lucrative) use of mill time, so I made the decision to not go after the bottom of the market. I went with a fee that works out to about 40% of my PFM fee. Basically I get the cases I wanted - those for which I would like to be "in the loop" during the planning and temporization phases of treatment. I make a little money on the temps, but more importantly, I'm not having to deal with someone else's idea of proper tooth arrangement and contour...

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
What mill are you getting mate?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Milled temps are great, fast easy to do plus if the design is right you just mill again with the reduction. We charge them out at £40 a unit, and buy the disks for £25 each off of a DLN member.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Milled temps are great, fast easy to do plus if the design is right you just mill again with the reduction. We charge them out at £40 a unit, and buy the disks for £25 each off of a DLN member.

Pete can you do these in most shades ? How much time in the lab do you need ? Is it any problem to scan a solid model with for example TI abutments ? Thanks Martin.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Pete can you do these in most shades ? How much time in the lab do you need ? Is it any problem to scan a solid model with for example TI abutments ? Thanks Martin.
Hi Martin Yeh most shades, but we find that people seem to go for BL1, B1,A1,A2 or A3. Most temps are turned around same day or next day. Solid implant models are easy, we just scan the model and then scan the abutment on its own and select reference points on the two and tell Exo the align the mesh data.
5.JPG 4.JPG 3.JPG 8.JPG

Last edited:
M

martintay

Reaction score
Hi Martin Yeh most shades, but we find that people seem to go for BL1, B1,A1,A2 or A3. Most temps are turned around same day or next day. Solid implant models are easy, we just scan the model and then scan the abutment on its own and select reference points on the two and tell Exo the align the mesh data.

Thanks Pete , maybe we could meet sometime and discuss this sort of work.... so that i could get an insight into what is possible !

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
No problem at all mate. Happy to meet up with you and let you see what we do, If you want then bring a case round and I can show you how easy it is to scan it in. All the best Pete

M

martintay

Reaction score
No problem at all mate. Happy to meet up with you and let you see what we do, If you want then bring a case round and I can show you how easy it is to scan it in. All the best Pete
Thanks Pete that would be great, i will try and do something in the near future. I live in Warwickshire !

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I think your a good two hour drive from me Martin but you are still more than welcome to come down or we could meet up half way if you want. Its up to you mate. All the best Pete

M

martintay

Reaction score
I think your a good two hour drive from me Martin but you are still more than welcome to come down or we could meet up half way if you want. Its up to you mate. All the best Pete

Pete i would like to come and see it done, also interested in your Ti work as well. I feel i need more solutions for the future and would like to work with a good lab . Thanks again Martin.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
What mill are you getting mate?

4 axis from ZFX at the moment i think. It will do 98% of what i need it to do and CAM software is included in price with extractor. 38k off the top of my head. DWX-50 is 52k without computer or extractor.
ZFX are going to do a 5 axis later int he year for high 48kish ( again of the top of my head ).
I will get one if i have enough work to warrant it.
I will also get a printer at a later date for models, if they are good enough by then. I now they work at the moment, but i think they are way overpriced and too slow for me. Plaster is WAY cheaper, MUCH faster and accurate enough. Costs cents to make at the moment.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Thanks for the input on the temps guys. Very helpful, and i am looking forward to playing with it!