Swiss NF PressCeram

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Has anyone used this press material? If so, what did you think of it? I'm going to try the PressCeram HT ingot someday soon whenever the sales guy drops off a sample.

I tried the Emax LT ingot recently and was pleased with the strength and color, but I'm not able to purchase the Emax from Ivoclar without buying their furnace. Also, I didn't like how after pressing the left over button would have some material chip off.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
So, I've been using this press material and so far I'm happy with the results. I made several crowns using only A0 and A1 shades. I waxed up a full crown leaving space in the incisal areas and invested and pressed. I added ceramco incisal porcelain and after baking that, I stained and glazed. So far, it's been good.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Is it lucite reinforced or is it lithium discilicate.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Has anyone used this press material? If so, what did you think of it? I'm going to try the PressCeram HT ingot someday soon whenever the sales guy drops off a sample.

I tried the Emax LT ingot recently and was pleased with the strength and color, but I'm not able to purchase the Emax from Ivoclar without buying their furnace. Also, I didn't like how after pressing the left over button would have some material chip off.

Just an FYI, you CAN buy ingots if your using a different press. They changed the rules a couple years back. I am not sure what or why your rep has told you otherwise, but go ahead and order whatever you like.
Also, you really do not want to repress the leftover buttons. The material has been already heated, pressed and cooled down. The ingot has gone through a phase shift. That may be causing your chipping.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Just an FYI, you CAN buy ingots if your using a different press. They changed the rules a couple years back. I am not sure what or why your rep has told you otherwise, but go ahead and order whatever you like.
Also, you really do not want to repress the leftover buttons. The material has been already heated, pressed and cooled down. The ingot has gone through a phase shift. That may be causing your chipping.

Well maybe they changed the rules, but my rep wanted to sell the furnace which turned me off. I may go back to emax in the future because I did like the product. I do repress used buttons. I just feel that it's a big waste if I've only used the button for a single unit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I have reused/repressed Noritake CZR buttons before .However I have not tried this with Emax.

I add a couple of dummy sprues when pressing a single unit.These pieces are cut off and reused.
When the time comes, I will add these pieces to a new ingot for my next press when extra is needed.I put the extras in an envelope and crush them.The fragments can then be added over the new button and will allow the plunger to seat better.
It works for me.

Top Bottom