Sum3d screw retained

M

macminn

Reaction score
Is there a way to take a FC zirconia design and put a hole in it for a screw retained crown using Sum3d? Or do I have to manually make a hole after milling?

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
Not to my knowledge I don't believe that you can in Sum3D but you can however put a hole in the crown in 3Shape Software. Is that that design software that you are using?

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with Sum3d showing grey areas on the screw-retained crowns that the screw access hole has been adjusted in 3shape? If milled, these grey areas usually chip or don't finish milling all the way.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You're using the wrong strategy for that one CadCamAl. Call CAP and they can get

you straightened out on which strategies you need to use for those. The screw channels

have been acting a little "screwy" with me too.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I'm from Ireland I'm using sum3d unfortunately I have the same problem.im designing screw retained bridges with 3shape. I can't use angeled screw holes because I can't mill it: I week ago updated to mono strategy...right now if I want to mill a grey circle appearing around above 2-3 mm from the abutment platform ...an error message appearing that some areas will be unmilled and the end result is super bad...any suggestions?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Angled channels are a bit tough and sometimes need some adjustments for the occlusal drilling. Grey just means that particular part is not being milled on the strategy you are using. that will cause chipping. What machines are you guys running?

Doug4DAL

Doug4DAL

Reaction score
Yes there is a function for it. You just draw in the curve and apply the hole function

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
I'm from Ireland I'm using sum3d unfortunately I have the same problem.im designing screw retained bridges with 3shape. I can't use angeled screw holes because I can't mill it: I week ago updated to mono strategy...right now if I want to mill a grey circle appearing around above 2-3 mm from the abutment platform ...an error message appearing that some areas will be unmilled and the end result is super bad...any suggestions?
That's the same thing I get on angled.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Call your re-seller of the CAM software. I'm telling you, it's a type cell thing you got going on. It's how you're choosing

the object and the strategy. If your strategy looks for a certain type cell in the object selection, and it's not there, then

it doesn't mill it out. I've had the same problem milling hybrid abutments.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
I'm picking the correct strategy. It's not on every case. I have an angled strategy and it's not working either. It's sort of random on which cases it does, because I had it happen on one that didn't have the access hole tilted.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Yeah...but what type of object are you picking before the strategy? Glue object or abutment?

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
abutment on abutments and screw retained, like support recommended.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Just draw circle curve and set in drill parameters that curve

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Can you suggest me about angeled screwholes something?is there anybody who can do it with a Roland DWX50?

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
For glued abutments no problem, for one piece you need a wheel tool

Top Bottom