Sum3D question

I

IgorN

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have a bit problem lately with titan strategy in Sum3D with the Roughing cavity side.
The Roughing part with 3mm tool goes way to deep.I need it to make to mill at maximum to half of the disc dimension. If anyone knows how that can be done please help a bit :).Here is a pic with the toolpath too.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    238.1 KB · Views: 91
PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
i'm not sure that's how this works Igor.

the Roughing will need to go as deep as the deepest cavity, in this case the bridge cavity lies on an angle and looks deep to the puck.

if the puck were thicker or the bridge intaglio surfaces moved further towards the edge (i.e. move the bridge further up) you would see it cut again only as deep as the deepest cavity.

so my advice is to move the bridge up.

I

IgorN

Reaction score
Yea i thought the same thing but lately on bigger size discs like 18-20 mm gives me a hard time.Either it stops or damages 3mm tool.Just looking for some different approach if anyone has it.
Thanks anyway.

SpyGr

SpyGr

Reaction score
Yea i thought the same thing but lately on bigger size discs like 18-20 mm gives me a hard time.Either it stops or damages 3mm tool.Just looking for some different approach if anyone has it.
Thanks anyway.

Good morning . Please contact directly CIM SYSTEM for your issue.

Please send them to [email protected] the following files

1)CAM FILE
2) STL FILE
3) Construnction info file (in case you are using Exocad)

In subject type ''DLN guy with issue''

They are waiting for you

MikeW

MikeW

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have a bit problem lately with titan strategy in Sum3D with the Roughing cavity side.
The Roughing part with 3mm tool goes way to deep.I need it to make to mill at maximum to half of the disc dimension. If anyone knows how that can be done please help a bit :).Here is a pic with the toolpath too.

Hi Igor,

Definitely reach out to our support team ([email protected]) with the .CAM & .STL Files - They can advise you on a few different options. There is the <LTH> Limit-To-Holders command you can use as a special parameter in the Operation Name. This will stop the roughing at the end of the connectors effectively keeping it from roughing all the way through. You'll want to be careful that you're not leaving behind excess material in the center of the disc that could cause issues for your smaller tools, however.

Regards,
Mike

I

IgorN

Reaction score
Thx for the advises i`ll contact Cim support to see what they will say.

I

IgorN

Reaction score
This is on Zircon Strategy.The cavity side roughing is split in 2 portions.I think this way will be much better if i could do it same in titan strategy. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    162.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    153.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    167.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    157.2 KB · Views: 39
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It's supposed to be that way. It looks at the curves in the strategy and mills on the outer then the inner.

The reason for that is for a nice part without chipped margins. There are reasons it's set up that way...promise.