CAP sum3D, not very smart

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don't see this as humiliation, I see it as education and proving the point that you can help someone until you are well upside down on your support costs, and they still don't get it. To properly operate these machines a CAM expert is necessary, not optional
I don't give a damn how you see, that's exactly the way I see it and I suspect it's how @prestige.dental will see it.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I felt really hurt by Sams comments, we really have put a TON of work and effort into his business. I don't know what else to say.
Say it in private! Not on a public forum!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
whats clear to me is that there doesnt seem to have been any effort on prestige dental's part to understand and rectify the situation other than to call support like some kinda blonde.

then again its also clear that cap has bent over backwards and made no clear progress.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
If you notice I didn't start this thread, I'm defending my team. You would do the same.
Not by throwing a customer under the bus. How frigging unprofesional is that?
....and I wrote the book on unprofessional.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Both parties are at fault in my book...the seller should've been able to provide a working setup or fix it and the buyer should've learned the system in two years inside out...nuff said...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You think Uncle Henry wants this thread and SamCaps response to show up every time someone runs a Google search on this topic?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess, no.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Both parties are at fault in my book...the seller should've been able to provide a working setup or fix it and the buyer should've learned the system in two years inside out...nuff said...

Inside and out after 2 years...yikes, I've been using 3Shape for 16 years now and still don't know it :D But you're right, CAM software is a lot easier to figure out than all the different type of cases and design options of a scanner. Maybe there's hope for me yet :)

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
@CatamountRob You're probably right, but prestige dental shouldnt have come on here blasting cap when they have gone above and beyond, as they usually do. CAP is not allowed to defend itself with facts?

"Dont throw bricks in glass houses etc"

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I have known Sam for almost my entire professional career in Dental. Not only is he one of the most professional idiots that I know, I actually find him to be a massive push over when it comes to customer service.

For the thread starter - i hate to admit it but your original post already really didn't make sense and showed a few clues to the real issue. The fact that Sam defended the CAP team and revealed the sheer amount of calls clocked in (not to mention calls probably not logged, and e-mails) - I'd say that is the very type of attitude that creates the lack of camaraderie that our industry needs.

It's 2017, if you don't realize or have not heard of the difficulties of imes as a company - not to mention the massive lack of support - then you are not doing your due diligence of keeping up with important news.

Same with SUM 3D....for those that are on here consistently, I think we all know we love Luigi, but there are definitely some bugs just like there are some bugs in my iPhone 7+.

I am not even saying that CAP is 100% perfect, especially having had to absorb a large part of Zahn's technical support too.

However, admitting to being salty over a bad purchase vs calling out a company that strongly advised against the purchase in the first place.... this is honestly quite unfortunate.

I'm not sure Sam should've chimed in, but quite frankly we were all jumping on the flame band wagon so fast....

remember this is coming from someone who created the hashtag #itsallsamsfault

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
@CatamountRob You're probably right, but prestige dental shouldnt have come on here blasting cap when they have gone above and beyond, as they usually do. CAP is not allowed to defend itself with facts?

"Dont throw bricks in glass houses etc"
Prestige dental doesn't have a public image to worry about in this case.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
What you and everyone else doesn't know.
CRob is Uncle Hank. You've been warned.
my face when i realize that

hYyKxaJ.gif

L

lifelikedental

Reaction score
My experience with CAP has been nothing but amazing. If I were to buy another mill I would get it from CAP.
If CAP decide to close their operation down, I would too..