Straumann M Series mill Simulation?

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
Howdy y'all, wondering if anyone has any info on the Straumann M series mill, more specifically using Cares Visual 12, I don't see anyway to simulate the milling process in order to avoid any unwanted residual material, any help is much appreciated, thanks y'all

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well, what CAM is running on the machine? if it is proprietary to Straumann (no idea, never seen this mill before) then it will not be possible to simulate better.

if it is an open CAM such as Hyperdent, or some variation of Powermill/Delcam/Sum3d then there are tools for these CAm programs for better simulation.

so my question really is, can you replace the CAM with something better and if not, the answer to your question is NO.

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
well, what CAM is running on the machine? if it is proprietary to Straumann (no idea, never seen this mill before) then it will not be possible to simulate better.

if it is an open CAM such as Hyperdent, or some variation of Powermill/Delcam/Sum3d then there are tools for these CAm programs for better simulation.

so my question really is, can you replace the CAM with something better and if not, the answer to your question is NO.

The M series mill runs off of the Straumann 7 Series scanner from Dental Wings, which uses Cares Visual as the CAD/CAM software
I don't believe it can be replaced with any other CAM software. I think Straumann only wants people to use their Cares Visual program (As it's meant to scan, design, and mill all in one program). My main question was really does anyone know if Cares Visual had a form of simulation like Millbox3D or the Fast simulation for Zenotec CAM. Thank you for the reply, I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for one way or another

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the only way to run G code outside of any mill or lathe is with ncviewer.com

keeping in mind G code was not made to contain any machine environment data like the holders, the puck, or the part. just a series of x y z a b c co-ordinates for moving axis motors to certain positions at certain angles using tool number T at speed S.

as such, the representation on the screen of the g code file will simply be a series of yellow lines, connecting each point of motion in one long line.

it doesnt tell you how much material remains, but it can help you visualize the profile of the toolpaths if they have enough point to point density (i.e. your step over and step down functions are very small steps)

but if you've got no ability to write your own toolpath commands like traditional CNC CAM then i don't know what ability you will have to resolve your remainder material issue.

D

DrG

Reaction score
The M series mill runs off of the Straumann 7 Series scanner from Dental Wings, which uses Cares Visual as the CAD/CAM software
I don't believe it can be replaced with any other CAM software. I think Straumann only wants people to use their Cares Visual program (As it's meant to scan, design, and mill all in one program). My main question was really does anyone know if Cares Visual had a form of simulation like Millbox3D or the Fast simulation for Zenotec CAM. Thank you for the reply, I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for one way or another
Did you find out if the M series can be run by another CAM software ?

D

DrG

Reaction score
I thought it could be run by Ceramill Mind

Top Bottom