Straumann BLX

N

NicoleDP

Reaction score
Straumann is currently having a nationwide shortage on their titanium blanks for their new BLX implants to be able to mill for custom abutments. All that's available right now is stock abutments and Ti bases. (They have been out since the beginning of January) What has everyone been doing and does anyone have a workaround for this? Since it's a new implant I haven't found a 3rd party that works with the BLX yet to even go around them. Looking for suggestions and to see what everyone else is doing?

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
I thankfully haven't had any BLX come Into the lab yet but I would go to a UCLA cast option if I needed a custom abutment or screw retained crown.

N

NicoleDP

Reaction score
I thankfully haven't had any BLX come Into the lab yet but I would go to a UCLA cast option if I needed a custom abutment or screw retained crown.
They don't have any UCLA parts for the BLX either so that's not an option either unfortunately :/

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
If you can get the taller ti base get a titanium coping milled or produced with slm and cement them together for a custom abutment. Then make the crown accordingly. Honestly, straumanns titanium is inferior anyways. We fire directly to ti abutments repeatedly and only the straumann ti abutments fail to hold the opaque or porcelain. I am so not happy with straumann and there materials at this point. The stupid stickers they give clinicians suck. Straumann original parts only is crap, cause there material is crap. I will actually call our GPs and try to convince them of better product I can offer.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
We had a case come in with these abortions. What a stupid system. We ended up doing custom abutments. They seemed to go out of their way to make everything to do with this system difficult to work on. Dr hates it. We hate it. Hope we never see another one.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Using their BLX scan bodies, we had Straumann mill them for us. This backorder issue with BLX, has been going on for months now.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I used a stock abutment because the last time I had Straumann mill something for me it looked like a lug nut off my childhood hot wheel (tricycle)...and I let them design it, it was horrible, ended up losing a client over it, never have or will use them ever again.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
zz milled custom abutment 30 year warranty

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Their Neodent products are also having back order problems. No screws

Top Bottom