So Im testing out a new printer...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
CT Guide test with junk resin they included... I am now going to name this printer the "Little Bastard".
What planning software designed the bone reduction and surgical guide?

B

Bcov

Reaction score
Really great post. I found this just at the right time and it has been very informative. I'm thinking of trying a photon s for c & b for temporaries. Time is not really an issue. In your opinion will it handle it?
Thanks

For clean up and curing I use the formlabs wash and cure ,overpriced but I ]have tried almost everything else DIY and cheaper units just doesnt worth the time and effort ,they work flawless in my hands I wish I had them from day one.Banghead

Speed is not requirement for me since everything I need is printing overnight I can care less if is 2,4,8 or 12 hours...lol

I print denture try ins,immediate dentures which are replaced with conventional process denture in 4-6 months ,temp hybrids,models for clear aligners,surgical guides,splints and occasional c&b model with dies (they are not perfect the first try it needs tweaking in exocad or shape but after couple of tries they just fine no complains there) .

So far in my hands I have had Moonray S, Formlabs 2,Moai ,wanhao Duplicator 7 ,Cara, Juell for couple of weeks and probably something else that i dont remember...
I end up with 3 Photons and Shufle and shufle XL.I ll get one of the photon S just to see what is new wit that unit.
For my needs I dont need speed and I dont print a lot c&b models.

I would rather have 4 printers for redundancy then one fast one ......that is just me ...

In case one goes down I grab the printer and dump it in the trash,switch the resin vat to the next one and move one with my day.

I had small issues with the moonray and Cara great printers but when they are down I m screwed I dont need support that cant do crap over the phone and im spending hours on the phone with repair department tinkering LCD screen projector,firmware ..screw that....... I would rather spend time on the front end learn how the printer works and then if issue arise fix it fast or dump the unit .

Photon printer cost less then bottle of nexdent or cara temp material....:rolleyes:

If models were requirement i would get asiga max perfect models every single time ,open system super fast for half of the price just get the LCD version that was just announced which would be slower but same resolution.
The new Monnray looks like a big improvement over the old one also.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
What planning software designed the bone reduction and surgical guide?

That was done with 360 Imaging. Great company to deal with. The green color is just the castable resin that comes with the printer. This case is a duplicate and not destined for clinical use.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
That was done with 360 Imaging. Great company to deal with. The green color is just the castable resin that comes with the printer. This case is a duplicate and not destined for clinical use.
Thanks.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Yes no problem with temps I use nexdent and Dima materials no issues.
You mean ... I can print short term temps crowns and bridges designed at intraoral scans ? I can use anycubic photon for it ?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What resin do you use for C&B models ?

B

basler

Reaction score
You mean ... I can print short term temps crowns and bridges designed at intraoral scans ? I can use anycubic photon for it ?
yes you can I do it daily. Just popped this immediate denture that will be conversion all on 4 reinforsed with trilor bar probably in the mouth for 3-4 months 32213

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Can you list the steps for cleaning the outer layer with alcohol and how long do you cure it in a light box!

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Can you list the steps for cleaning the outer layer with alcohol and how long do you cure it in a light box!

So in the spirit of this thread, Im a Cheap SOB, so I dont have any of the fancy wash units they sell. I went on Amazon, and bought a magnetic stirring unit, and I submerge it in 99% IPA for 5 mins or so. Air drying should reveal no (or very tiny) shiny areas.

This is the exact unit that I bought ->

After that, I usually do 5-10 in the light curing unit depending on the thickness and opacity.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So in the spirit of this thread, Im a Cheap SOB, so I dont have any of the fancy wash units they sell. I went on Amazon, and bought a magnetic stirring unit, and I submerge it in 99% IPA for 5 mins or so. Air drying should reveal no (or very tiny) shiny areas.

After that, I usually do 5-10 in the light curing unit depending on the thickness and opacity.

I was expecting a $60 ebay chinese sonicator.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i had a demo with the CaraPrint this past friday.....
going to do my best to be polite, but it was underwhelming. there was one main purpose to the demo, and it was made clear from the start. well, there was no way to achieve that purpose so the demo was a bust. it was rushed. and the test prints....were fast! super fast. really loved how fast they printed.
but
the one build plate of teeth as a test print that we had time for (rushed demo, remember?)....failed. they were distorted and unusable if they were for an actual case.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i had a demo with the CaraPrint this past friday.....
going to do my best to be polite, but it was underwhelming. there was one main purpose to the demo, and it was made clear from the start. well, there was no way to achieve that purpose so the demo was a bust. it was rushed. and the test prints....were fast! super fast. really loved how fast they printed.
but
the one build plate of teeth as a test print that we had time for (rushed demo, remember?)....failed. they were distorted and unusable if they were for an actual case.
i will add that i am happy kulzer even considered coming out to my lab for a demo....not many would, if any others at all. so they get props for that

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

If you want to be an even cheaper SOB? Get a spent computer HD snag the earth magnets out of the inside. Get a cheap rheostat and take the cooling fan out of the computer as well. Put the magnet inside of the jar with IPA and set it on top of the fan. Turn the fan on. Instant magnetic stir plate.

Little home brewing trick I learned for yeast starters.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
If you want to be an even cheaper SOB? Get a spent computer HD snag the earth magnets out of the inside. Get a cheap rheostat and take the cooling fan out of the computer as well. Put the magnet inside of the jar with IPA and set it on top of the fan. Turn the fan on. Instant magnetic stir plate.

Little home brewing trick I learned for yeast starters.