Sirona Connect to 3Shape

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
get the v15 and when some doc wants to send from a v4.x old scanner send the scan to someone else to be converted or don't bother with it at all.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ok you two comedians..:) No, I just wanted to know the path of the file from the Omniscan, what it is, what's needed to open it, send it etc.

So far, I'm catching CHLs differing files, and getting an idea of what Sirona's IN Lab v15 software is. I'm still waiting for a call back from the main rep, and will get more pricing info etc. It's just I have to be ready for the day my Sirona Dr's say they want to send me a Omniscan file, even though I told them to get a Trios, or at least talk to me first of what to get.

Same here. I'm looking forward to your call back.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Oh, oh, it sounds like I better take good notes :eek:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
make them in point form so I can follow along.

I'm not a friggin exocad wonder boy with a huge head and no girlfriend at 40 you know!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yes, I'll do it so you can follow along, just like in the old days:

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I have an Inlab scanner and mill as well as a 3Shape. I do not need any special module from 3Shape or Sirona to get Cerec scan files into my 3Shape.
1 - I import normally from Sirona Connect into my Inlab software 15, then take it to the model phase.
2 - I export the models to .stl (which is included with the software)
3 - I create a case in 3Shape then hit OK, not Scan.
4 - I select import scan, then import the 2 scans from Dropbox.

I may be able to import and transfer cases for you if you do not have a Sirona scanner for a fee.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I have an Inlab scanner and mill as well as a 3Shape. I do not need any special module from 3Shape or Sirona to get Cerec scan files into my 3Shape.
1 - I import normally from Sirona Connect into my Inlab software 15, then take it to the model phase.
2 - I export the models to .stl (which is included with the software)
3 - I create a case in 3Shape then hit OK, not Scan.
4 - I select import scan, then import the 2 scans from Dropbox.

I may be able to import and transfer cases for you if you do not have a Sirona scanner for a fee.

emphasized a step very few other people try to take. especially doctors that don't need to bother changing to open format. also may i add this is only free and not an extra cost only because it is now part and parcel with v15 software. sirona's pre-v15 software was closed and they did NOT allow USA people to buy the 'module' that could convert cdt to stl.

so natively many DDS still use .cdt

because they have never needed to change and the option was never available. anyone now, with v15 software, can do this.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
In my case, thank you both, CreDes and CHL, for helping me understand what I'm looking at in being able to work with a Sirona/Cerec file in 3Shape. I'm still expecting a call from the Sirona rep, and will go over the costs of the InLab software, and also if sending files to Infident (sp?) should or would even be considered a viable option.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
make them in point form so I can follow along.

I'm not a friggin exocad wonder boy with a huge head and no girlfriend at 40 you know!

And in my case, I have that beat, 57 and girl friendless :( Oh, well, back to the scanning :D

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
And in my case, I have that beat, 57 and girl friendless :( Oh, well, back to the scanning :D

All the hot ones love 3 Shapers

menu-image-dental-system.ashx

This is an exocad grouper

upload_2016-3-23_8-37-37.jpeg

C

camposds

Reaction score
If 3shape can import stl files then I have a solution that I use all day long to get omnicam scans into exocad. Having said that you have two options to receive omnicam scans. Option 1: you have to setup a Cerec connect account, in order to do this you need a serial number from a Sirona lab scanner.... Red, blue, or X5. Option2 have the doctor save the file in .lab format and send it to you via Dropbox. If you're interested in inlab15 software I can hook you up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Ok
So, no matter what you have to have V15? Doc can't change how it is saved and send you some file via email/dropbox to be imported into 3shape?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if the doc has v15 ask him to change the files to stl. otherwise yes v15 is a must for you.

just make sure he knows there needs to be at least one Stl for one arch. and good luck orienting that without a bite in 3shape.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
if the doc has v15 ask him to change the files to stl. otherwise yes v15 is a must for you.

just make sure he knows there needs to be at least one Stl for one arch. and good luck orienting that without a bite in 3shape.

Could they take scans of each arch to get the individual and then do another scan, set up maybe as a second case, and scan the buccal view of the bite and say it's the antagonist? Then align them in 3shape?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Anyone actually working on cases this way?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no. i much rather have them export .3se, saves all that mucking about with extra scans.

stl output is great if the doc is sending you his designs for you to work on.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score

I save mine with the buccal bite and 3Shape brings it in.