Sirona Connect to 3Shape

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
But you have inlab or cerec with you. I want to work with 3-4 local docs that have blue cam and newer without having to buy from sirona. So, could they send files as stl or whatever I could import to 3shape? Could I mark margins and design as normal and send the model to core3d or some other milling center for printing to verify occlusion and contacts?

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
If you can get an .stl, then yes.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Are there only certain versions of Cerec that produce .stl?

Simply said on the dentist side, yes...on the older versions some got /stl export, usually they had to pay an extra dongle fee for it

There are 3 different Generations of Cerec Software:
v15 is the latest and easiest to get .stl from any files, I believe to export .stl costs an extra license fee
v4.x was for the omnicam(works with bluecam also),output is usually .lab or .cdt. Some rare cases docs have .stl export, with inlab it was an extra $6k dongle
v3.8x was for the bluecam only, output was typically .cdt, and there was a hack for blender to convert to .stl for free but its for single units only and a little complicated

DRE

DRE

Reaction score
I thought V15 is only for labs. And works with the newer ineos x5.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
So for a lab who only has 3Shape scanners, has the ALLScan module for model builder, they can accept cerec files? But how does the doc send these files without going through Cerec Connect and me having to purchase some piece of crap scanner to get into the network again? Can they simply send in an email?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
tell them to send you .3se files and use your import menu to import it as a whole case in a single click.

B

biodentalab

Reaction score
If 3shape can import stl files then I have a solution that I use all day long to get omnicam scans into exocad. Having said that you have two options to receive omnicam scans. Option 1: you have to setup a Cerec connect account, in order to do this you need a serial number from a Sirona lab scanner.... Red, blue, or X5. Option2 have the doctor save the file in .lab format and send it to you via Dropbox. If you're interested in inlab15 software I can hook you up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A couple of my clients just bought Cerec IOS and asking me to set up so they can send cases with Connect Portal. I already purchased 3Shape D2000. So In order for me to process these cases, 1. I need a serial number and have inlab 15 software. Is it possible to just purchase V15 software? If that is the case, I can just buy old scanner and purchase V15...Thank you in advance.