Sintering ovens questions

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
I have a question regarding Sintering Furnaces: which heating elements are better? Silicon Carbide (SiC) or Molybendum disilicate ( MoSi2)? I 've heard conflicting reports. One stating the MoSi2 needs to be purged every week. SiC doesn't get contaminated much but the heating elements are more expensive to replace. The other report claims the MoSi2 elements are better because they reach higher temperatures and don't break that often. Which ones do you recommend and why. Thanks.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
Thank you. I've talked to several people and they gave me the same information. I guess I wanted to hear that one is better than the other but they are both good depending on the lab's need. There are Pros and Cons to both which makes my decision difficult. I am more prone to get the oven with MoSi2 heating elements. One thing worth mentioning is that even though the heating elements in SiC are cheaper I was told that you have to replace all of them ( I believe there are 4) once one of them is broken which makes it more expensive than one would expect.

Top Bottom