shade problum

senthildtech

senthildtech

learner
Reaction score
hi

i went clinic for shade takeing i took shade from adjesent tooth A2 cervical A1 insisal i made with zircoina coping on e max material .

when i inseart crown in mouth its look more brighter that adjesent teeth.that adjesent tooth look like A3 shade now . when i take back zirconia crown that adjesent tooth look like A2 what color i follow now i am confution why its like this can any one explain?

what shoud i do to achive that colour.

please help me.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Considering the difference between a2 and a3. Couldn't you just bring that cervical stain up a little higher and be done with it?
Not really sure if this is a hard one...
Cause my answer is...
"Stain."

senthildtech

senthildtech

learner
Reaction score
Considering the difference between a2 and a3. Couldn't you just bring that cervical stain up a little higher and be done with it?
Not really sure if this is a hard one...
Cause my answer is...
"Stain."

thanks mark i am also trying to fix with stain today i am going again that clinic i hope this time i get positive answer but still i dont understand how that adjesting teeth colour wil get change when iam inserting crown in mouth dr and me bouth have confution.

user name

user name

Reaction score
The problem isnt that the patients tooth is changing color, its your perception. You are trying to target the right 'color', but are being missled by value. Without seeing the exact case I cant tell you what to do. When you seat the crown, if it isnt perfect this time, snap a good photo and when you get back to the lab, display it on your monitor and reduce the color untill its a black and white. Thatll help you see the value better. Remember..any time you use stain to increase chroma you will drop the value at the same time.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Take your stain kit with you;)

C

charles007

Reaction score
Next time take your shade guide and arrange in value, and take a 3D guide.. I prefer to take shades outside on anteriors, offices usually have poor lighlty conditions..

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Was the inital shade taken after being prepped? If so, it may be the cause for the A2/A1 shade you took. Not your fault. The tooth may have become dessicated which make it appear higher in value, When you tried in the crown the teeth was hydrated making it A3

user name

user name

Reaction score
Was the inital shade taken after being prepped? If so, it may be the cause for the A2/A1 shade you took. Not your fault. The tooth may have become dessicated which make it appear higher in value, When you tried in the crown the teeth was hydrated making it A3

Thats true, but in this situation hes saying that with the crown in place, natural teeth look A-3...pull the crown out, teeth again appear A-1/A-2. Hes seeing hue and chroma but being thrown by not having knocked down the value of his Zir coping first.

"Your lyin' eyes". I think its a good lesson both in technology and humility to make a study crown, PFM in your favorite shade. Put it away and dont refer back to it...then make the same shade PFZ, and then an e.max. Dont use anything for reference except the shade guide. Dont compare the crowns to each other untill theyre all done.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Ask the doctor to invest in light cured stains for the perfect match done chairside. :)

Top Bottom