Seeking Opportunity for CDT in Raleigh Durham

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I know its a job, and you gotta do what you gotta do, but don't work for a guy like that Kara, keep looking around.. you'll only get more of that same from someone like that. I'll keep my ears open.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
I know its a job, and you gotta do what you gotta do, but don't work for a guy like that Kara, keep looking around.. you'll only get more of that same from someone like that. I'll keep my ears open.

thanks...I knew it would come to this when I bought my condo, but after having moved around the US working for Ivoclar, Atlantis, Solidscape, etc., I wasn't willing to do it anymore. Its too hard on friendships, losing them and having to start all over again. BUT, I am a firm believer in miracles. So I am going to make this an opportunity to just smile and learn all that I can. Thanks for lettin' this ole girl vent.

AH, this just in! Bossman wants me to do all of his work again after trying to put in a crown that I did not do. [pulling hair out]

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
oh and he made sure he told me what a terrible technician I was too.
popcorn
You are working hand in hand with a surgeon and are always ASKING questions on DLN trying to raise your game so if he thinks you are a terrible tech he can only blame one person and that is himself for being such a poor communicator. Every one can see you have put your heart and soul into your new job and from the Cr#p he has been coming out with he just sounds like another clueless Di#k. Keep your chin up and get out of there as quick as you can.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I don't know how big Raleigh is but I'll assume there are quite a few dentists there. You could go several routes.
I'd hit up every dental office in town with a resume and either go for an office manager job or assistant and let all know what kind of lab work/cad experience you have. I'm betting you'll have a new job day after tomorrow going that route. I was in an office the other day picking up work when a "girl" walked up to the front desk and said she needed a job. She was hired on the spot. Good luck! Oh and smile at your old doc when you give your 2 weeks notice.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
AH, this just in! Bossman wants me to do all of his work again after trying to put in a crown that I did not do. [pulling hair out]

Evidence that it is not 100% you. This moron needs to revisit his techniques.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Sod the two weeks give him two fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Sod the two weeks give him two fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No you never do that. You never burn a bridge as you never know when you'll need a recommendation letter or such. Make yourself invaluable the last 2 weeks and help the new hire get settled in, but don't stay longer than 2 weeks.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
No you never do that. You never burn a bridge as you never know when you'll need a recommendation letter or such. Make yourself invaluable the last 2 weeks and help the new hire get settled in, but don't stay longer than 2 weeks.

Of course not, but it would probably make you feel better.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i would give him the center finger gesture, for sure. bossman calls you crap to your face, then beckons you back because someone else was even crappier...

you know he's shopping and will dump you when it is convenient to do so, and will probably be an even bigger douche.

tell him to take his pathetic antics to the current worlds lowest bidder and shut (stuff) his pie hole.

there is such a thing as self respect; even if he might not respect you, respect yourself and know that staying a moment longer than absolutely necessary will be detrimental to you and to him, as you will both just make yourselves angrier and lose precious time looking for newer greener grass.

pack your chit and run for the hills. spread every bad word to all of your friends that you can, let them know this sad dirtbag was truly two faced.

actions however, define character. maybe stooping to this level would make you on-par with his own bad behaviour. maybe respect yourself enough to gracefully give him legal notice and just go quietly, and be the better human being; it is already more than he deserves.

J

jgradygdl

Reaction score
kara,
we're looking for help designing in our cad/cam dept. Were a hour east of you.
thanks,
james
252-521-5891

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Kara PM me this guys name so I make sure I never do work for him. Guys with personalities like this are never happy, they f up and will always blame someone else for it. (Thanking God I don't have any clients like this) He's the one that has to live with himself, you get to walk away.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score

Sorry but I strongly disagree, the guy is going out of his way to knock her self confidence, he thinks she will have to bend over backwards to get his letter of recommendation and will be pissed off that she has the audacity to walk away, but will in fact go behind your back and bad mouth you to any future employer. The guy is a jerk and no one has the right to put you down.

Last edited:
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
He won't bad mouth her because he doesn't want to pay the extra unemployment benefits when she can't find work and sues him for unemployment.
You have to take the high road but make it very clear you are leaving in two weeks whether or not he has found someone new and be prepared for temper tantrums.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
As I wrote in another thread...
"Bossman was posturing indeed, but like any dysfunctional relationship, when it's good, it's good and you never think it will be bad again, but when it's bad, you wish you would've done something when it was good. So I am just gonna do my work, enjoy the good money that he pays me, the 5 minute commute, the predictable hours, the 10 units a week, and hope that I have risen above engaging him. Nothing like removing yourself from "the fight". Bullies don't know what to do in that situation. Usually they pick someone else to kick.
After he shot down my idea of being a milling center for other labs, he said I could pursue it. Who knows, maybe since he knows nothing about that, (shoot, neither do I),he will give me my space. It's a shame to waste three idle Rolands. Then it will come down to whether or not I want to "partner" with him on that.
Meanwhile, I'm gonna put my foot in the water of freelance designing, a soft launch. I'll try it out on the computer at work after 5 on Mondays and Tuesdays-when he doesn't come in-is that bad? If it works, I'll jump in and get my own set-up, take scan files, converting through *** when need be, and when the bossman gets his arse on his shoulders again, I will relish telling him what he should do."
popcorn

Last edited:
karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Well the band aide was finally pulled off. Fortunately I have been preparing since the first time he let me go. I received "a certain call" this week. Apparently bossman is under formal investigation. I feel sorry for him. It does not look good, and he looks so demoralized. It will probably get worse before it gets better, but I hope only good comes from this and his practice and person are better for it. Meanwhile for me, the timing couldn't be more perfect. I pick up my second greyhound today from the rescue group! "Man's rejection is God's protection."
Meanwhile, my first greyhound that
I adopted this month just ate the second night guard in two days so can someone make me a couple of them in anticipation of this next one?! I promise to be
more careful with my nightstand placement in the future!

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
BlackBox CAD.

BlackBelt CAD.

Top Bottom