Screw retained Titanium bridge

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We got some pics back from the dentist so thought I would share this case. :)

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_1.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_2.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_3.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_4.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_5.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_7.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_8.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_6.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_9.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_11.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_10.jpg

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_12.jpg

Many thanks Pete
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_1.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_2.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_3.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_4.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_5.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_7.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_8.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_6.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_9.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_11.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_10.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_12.jpg

Last edited:
H

Harmony

Reaction score
nice work

Fit is great, like the natural occlusal color. Deeper separation between units, and perhaps a close contact on the mesial would make it superior

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
nice work

Fit is great, like the natural occlusal color. Deeper separation between units, and perhaps a close contact on the mesial would make it superior

Thanks Harmony & STT672, we designed it that way (contact wise) as the 4 was already to big so after talking to the the surgeon, she said she was going to put some distal composite on the 3.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Actually I like how you "filled" in the interproximals instead of more separation. The inraoral pic shows the need to avoid a food trap.
That was well planned out.

Nice ceramic work.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Can you share some pictures of the abutment/implant interface. I'd love to see the machining of the parts that mate to the implant. Upon enlarging the picture, it almost looks like cast-to components.

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Can you share some pictures of the abutment/implant interface. I'd love to see the machining of the parts that mate to the implant. Upon enlarging the picture, it almost looks like cast-to components.

Hi Mark, We are still working on that one, our CAM program is very old and wont let us (yet) do the interfaces, so we use links from Neoss/Medentika then laser weld them together. Its not a perfect solution but it works for us.. Will try and rip the STL so you can see the cad file. All the best Pete

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_stl.jpg
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_stl.jpg

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Okay, that explains it. Actually in terms of passive fit, I still know plenty of people who'd prefer to laser weld the interface anyway. Nice job.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Real men use internal hexes...HA!!!

I love seeing the Titanium porcelain work...great stuff!!! and the clinical photo's to boot. I checked with a few of my accounts about Titanium PFM and they checked with the insurance companies and it's legit and good to go. The reimbursements are right in between noble and high noble so some of them are going to start trying these out. Looks like a win-win-win for everyone.

Back to your case though, to be picky and give you something to work on or to take from this, I would clean up your model work. Get rid of those bubbles, and is that a high expansion die stone, not good to use on a multi-implant case. I don't say that to be nit-picking, it's something to work on for the next case, once again great Ti PFM work Pete.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
thanks for sharing Pete, so let me guess, you used GC's ceramic?

dont see nothing wrong with laser welding either.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

Back to your case though, to be picky and give you something to work on or to take from this, I would clean up your model work. Get rid of those bubbles, and is that a high expansion die stone, QUOTE]

Those aren't bubbles,they're cad realignment landmarks!:rolleyes:

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score

I love seeing the Titanium porcelain work...great stuff!!! and the clinical photo's to boot. I checked with a few of my accounts about Titanium PFM and they checked with the insurance companies and it's legit and good to go. The reimbursements are right in between noble and high noble so some of them are going to start trying these out. Looks like a win-win-win for everyone.

Back to your case though, to be picky and give you something to work on or to take from this, I would clean up your model work. Get rid of those bubbles, and is that a high expansion die stone, not good to use on a multi-implant case. I don't say that to be nit-picking, it's something to work on for the next case, once again great Ti PFM work Pete.

Thanks everyone, in all honesty you guys have been very gentle to me, Lab guy, you are spot on the models on show are not up to scratch, we know that. We use zeiser for private crown and bridge Models, and do solid models for implant work, but we have to cast a second model so that the contacting teeth can be removed for scanning purposes. We cast all models in Zhermack but the sectional model never leaves the lab. Thanks Paul, and yes It was done in GC.

Pete