scanners what to buy

D

dentcre

Reaction score
a 3shape 2000 ! sure looks amazing. anyone want to buy my 700? LOL

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. This will be my first scanner purchase. I do about 35 units a month that require zirconia. Another 20 or so Emax. Another 40 or so PFM. So roughly 80-90 crowns a month. Not much in the way of implants. 2-3 a month. I'm 58. I outsource model and wax work when things backup. I would use the scanner for the zirk work..and would venture into slm for metal copings. In Chicago the scanners look nice. Flirting with either the d850 or the medit. But seriously for my low volume, my future work life. 10-12 years is it worth the expense of the latest greatest ? I'm beginning to think last years models at a reduced cost would be better for me. If the need arises I could always upgrade. Thoughts ? Thanks
I think for your volume the ROI will work well. You will also reduce time spent in the lab. I think you should look at the D500 from Shape. You get the best CAD available in an affordable scanner (about $20K total).

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Hi Bob why do you sell second best ( AG ) ???

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Bob why do you sell second best ( AG ) ???
I'm not sure I understand? What makes you think AG is second best?
We got into the AG line for a lot of reasons. The Ceramill mind scanner came with the rest of the product line. Not to say Exocad is bad. Many of you have it and seem to be happy with it. I'm personally not well versed in Exocad so i can't really give you an honest comparative analysis.
More about AG. We got a Creamill Motion 2 at CAP and i was so impressed with it I purchased one for my lab and added it to the two DWX50's I already have in my lab, ADT.
The Motion 2 can do more than most any other mill in this price range, in our industry. In addition, I believe this mill can always be easily retrofitted to do whatever comes along in the future. Dentures this summer!
Lastly, the work coming off the mill is really pristine. I really love this mill. The design is great! the versatility is unmatched. And AG has some great innovative materials.
There is also the AG Micro mill that makes a lot of sense to me. This is a mini heavy duty unibody constructed 4 axis dry mill that sells for about $20K including CAM. At this price, it's affordable by most any lab and I believe it's a work horse. We will soon find out as we put one in production at CAP Clearware and are running it now.
About 20 years ago I fell in love with the Artex articulator system. This was my first introduction to AG. At the time (and likely still today) there was no better designed or well thought out articulator in dentistry. I have known since then that AG was all about providing high end solutions for labs. When accuracy, support and best in class matters most of the AG product line fits the bill.
These are just some of the reasons we moved to distribute the AG product line.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
It was a joke sorry Bob !!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
No problem. I think it was a great Q. And, I think it was a good opportunity for me to share with the forum why CAP partnered with AG.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
Buy. Now. That you can get then for 30 percent off.at ivoclar...And buy a 700 at least ,get a smaller scanner and you will regret it later.

I have a 700 love it but wish i have a 2000.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I have a D700 that work fine that I may be interested in selling for $13K. It's used in my lab daily for production.

Top Bottom