Scan and Design Question for prefab abutment Exocad

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
Hi!!! got my Amann System came after training and a bit stuck! When scanning a model with a prefab abutment say # 14 with 15, and 13 as adj teeth does the model have to be sectioned or it can be somehow scanned using a solid model with soft tissue the restoration would be a fcz crown? When i scanned as a solid model it gives me lots of holes. Thanks in advance guys.

J

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Sometimes after scanning the soft tissue and its time to scan the cast without to pickup the margins on the abutment. It can be difficult to get the laser or light to hit the collar and below. Sometimes you have to trim away stone which leaves the tissue piece loose. Another option is to add scannable wax to the collar under the margin to help the laser or light reflect and reach those dark areas. Sometimes, if your system allows, do a sep scan of the abutment itself. I keep a few different analogs handy next to the scanner to hold these abutments during scan.

T

the_prez3

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing as Marcus. Wouldn't you be able to fill those in during the separate die scan of the abutment with it out of the model? Just need something to hold the abutment up during the scan, like an extra implant replica or fashion a make shift base out of wax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom