RIP Russ DeVreugd

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
It is so sad to hear of his passing, since some of you are not on Facebook I thought I would share the news here.

Russ was a mentor of mine and an inspiration. He is one of the few people in this trade that was more than just a teacher but a true example of someone that truly loves every moment of his career. In his later years and the blossom of social media I enjoyed immensely his participation in the Damaged Goods movement and his involvement with newer materials. I watched with glee as he stepped outside his comfort zone and excelled at his craft all the way up to the last days of his life. Beyond a teacher he was always a student of this craft. He loved what he did and it most certainly showed.

I can only hope his family can take a bit of peace in knowing the man that he was to many of us and have some comfort in knowing that he made a huge difference for so many of us.

Rest in peace, you will be missed.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Wow! Sorry to hear that.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Oh man. Pass along condolences please if it's possible. I kept waiting to go to his course. There's always time later.

Well, there isn't. I'm going home. They need me more than the lab.

B

bullit

Reaction score
It is so sad to hear of his passing, since some of you are not on Facebook I thought I would share the news here.

Russ was a mentor of mine and an inspiration. He is one of the few people in this trade that was more of just a teacher but a true example of someone that truly loves every moment of his career. In his later years and the blossom of social media I enjoyed immensely his participation in the Damaged Goods movement and his involvement with newer materials. I watched with glee as he stepped outside his comfort zone and excelled at his craft all the way up to the last days of his life. Beyond a teacher he was always a student of this craft. He loved what he did and it most certainly showed.

I can only hope his family can take a bit of peace in knowing the man that he was to many of us and have some comfort in knowing that he made a huge difference for so many of us.

Russ was a mentor of mine and an inspiration. He is one of the few people in this trade that was more of just a teacher but a true example of someone that truly loves every moment of his career. In his later years and the blossom of social media I enjoyed immensely his participation in the Damaged Goods movement and his involvement with newer materials. I watched with glee as he stepped outside his comfort zone and excelled at his craft all the way up to the last days of his life. Beyond a teacher he was always a student of this craft. He loved what he did and it most certainly showed.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, I enjoyed his posts here.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news John, may his sould rest in peace.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Wow! So sorry to hear of his passing. Condolences to his family, he'll be missed.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry of his passing, I enjoyed his lectures and simplified approach to good fixed prostheses.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Russ is truly one of the finest examples of a teacher, friend and student of his craft that our industry has and ever will see. Not only in industry great, but a great man outside of business as well. We definitely lost a very special person this weekend. Will keep Russ and his family in our Prayers.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Russ gave so much and will be missed for years to come by many ........