Removable partial frameworks 3shape or Exocad?

D

DentalTechAeea

Reaction score
3 shape or exocad for removable framework? which is better in terms of adaptation after metal sintering? is there someone who does this and how does it work?
I tried to make one at exocad and after sintering went out wide in the attachment area. adaptation is not the best in terms of not folding those areas at all.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's as simple as 3Shape vs Exocad, there are some very specific design techniques you need to use in both software to get a SLM partial to fit right. I know two partial providers that do SLM and both of them use 3Shape but again it might just be technique sensitive. If I were you I'd give them a call and ask them for design specifications and send them a frame to make, you get some information and they get a little work.

The two I'd recommend checking out:
http://www.3drpd.com/
https://www.bertramdental.com/

Let us know what you find out.

D

DentalTechAeea

Reaction score
thank you for your help . I will test 3shape and keep you updated with the results

ToothmakerIDL

ToothmakerIDL

Reaction score
I have used 3shape for the last year and a half. While I cannot provide much infofor SLM as I print and cast (and that in itself has parameters that need be followed for proper outcome)I do know that there is a variance in the clasp design and the tolerance for the undercut when utilizing slm and digital partials. NOBILIUM offers print to cast and SLM services and they can give you the pros and cons of both.

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
I use 3Shape and have no problem as long as the block out and clasps are designed properly. Pretty simple and straightforward. Never used exocad though so I cannot speak for it. As far as the manufacturing of SLM frames.. if you're outsourcing design files, the manufacturer should allow you to install their dme which will apply their presets to the RPD software.

D

DentalTechAeea

Reaction score
Hey guys , i have tested 3 shape it looks ok for start.

a single problem I have about the fidelity of the model, the clarity. is there any option to change this? I do not see all the details of the model and I can not figure out if I trace the lines well.

D

DentalTechAeea

Reaction score
i must say the same model i`ve opened in exocad and is clear and smoth surface , the triangles are not so obvious

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
Hey guys , i have tested 3 shape it looks ok for start.

a single problem I have about the fidelity of the model, the clarity. is there any option to change this? I do not see all the details of the model and I can not figure out if I trace the lines well.
What scanner are you using? I've never had an issue with scans themselves, except when I don't secure them to the plate well. There is no way to change other than rescanning. If you're using a 3 shape scanner you can select adaptive scanning for a better quality scan. It'll take a little longer, but this normally wouldn't be necessary.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
What scanner are you using? I've never had an issue with scans themselves, except when I don't secure them to the plate well. There is no way to change other than rescanning. If you're using a 3 shape scanner you can select adaptive scanning for a better quality scan. It'll take a little longer, but this normally wouldn't be necessary.

I agree with Brandon and would only add some details about 3Shape scanners. You will get many different results on different 3Shape scanners, for example, the older D800 scanners claim to scan "texture" its really a grey scale image of the model and will be lower quality than a new D2000 with full-color scanning. Some 3Shape scanners are blind to a few colors, the D800, D810, D850 use a red laser so it is blind to the color red. The D850, D900, D900L do okay but struggle with the color blue. I haven't tested the new generation scanners like the D1000, D2000, E2, or E3 but they all use LED structured light and I believe its all blue light... Something to consider when picking the model or pencil color when drawing your design.

Hope this helps