Question for those of you using GC Lustre Paste

GetRad

GetRad

Reaction score
Hey folks! So I've been exclusively using Lustre Paste for about 6 months now and I seem to keep running into the same issue. I feel like in order to get that non granular/homogenous level of consistency I have to sacrifice my surface texture. I can't seem to find a middle ground between not enough glaze (spotty coverage) and wiping out surface texture. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to not let it fill in surface texture on on anteriors? I've used the Emax fluo paste glaze in the past and haven't had this problem to the same extent. I really like the pigment colors and the way you can literally vibrate to blend them but losing all my surface texture on anterior cases is becoming a pain. Thanks!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Just use it thinner and do 1-2 more bakes? Yet, if you're condensing to blend the colors together, may mean you're using it thick enough to be able do that. Can you condense it
if you use thinner layers and get the same result?

GetRad

GetRad

Reaction score
Just use it thinner and do 1-2 more bakes? Yet, if you're condensing to blend the colors together, may mean you're using it thick enough to be able do that. Can you condense it
if you use thinner layers and get the same result?
I'll give it a shot.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I used it for about 2yr.
switched to Insync Glaze and never looked back. its less costly, more uniform, and I don't have to worry about the grainy texture.
(ps I still use the GC lustre stains, just not the glaze)

M

MJFDDS

Reaction score
I usually run into the issue of the surface anatomy disappearing when too much is used. It seems best results are when applied in thin layers or with more use of the liquid to thin it out.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The grainy surface can work in your favour when using GC as a liner or wash bake/internal stain on emax or zirconia.

K

KIM

Reaction score
I used it for about 2yr.
switched to Insync Glaze and never looked back. its less costly, more uniform, and I don't have to worry about the grainy texture.
(ps I still use the GC lustre stains, just not the glaze)
Thanks Sideshow... GetRad, would love for you to try InSync Paste or Spray Glaze, why don't you PM me and we'll talk?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Hey folks! So I've been exclusively using Lustre Paste for about 6 months now and I seem to keep running into the same issue. I feel like in order to get that non granular/homogenous level of consistency I have to sacrifice my surface texture. I can't seem to find a middle ground between not enough glaze (spotty coverage) and wiping out surface texture. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to not let it fill in surface texture on on anteriors? I've used the Emax fluo paste glaze in the past and haven't had this problem to the same extent. I really like the pigment colors and the way you can literally vibrate to blend them but losing all my surface texture on anterior cases is becoming a pain. Thanks!

I had the same issues. Like the stains but the glaze was so inconsistent. I went back to the emax paste glaze and like the results, very consistent.

I'm trying a different glaze at the moment.....costs less than the emax. Looks pretty good but you have to mix it with the liquid supplied so its down to you to get that right.
Its good but no better than the emax.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
apples to oranges.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom