Problems with hydrocolloid machines

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
So, over the past 10 years we have had two hydrocolloid conditioning machines. The Bego gelovit and the TCS duplicating unit. The Bego, while nice, went through 3 motors and a positioning sensor before being mothballed. We still have this machine and have been quoted around $1000 plus labor to get it fixed. We have had the TCS machine for three years. When we came in this morning it was off and looks like it fried itself. Fuse is melted and wires looks burnt on the ends. This will be the second time this is being sent back for this same problem.
These machines run 24/7 most of the time, will occasionally be turned off over the weekend. My question is, are these the normal life span of these machines? Is there anything out there that is built to last longer than a couple years without breaking down? These are expensive machines, and I do realize that we use them a lot, but 1.5-2 years before major problems seems excessive. Are there other options?

Machines are used for duping and pour processing.

Thanks

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We've had the 1 1/2 gallon TCS machine for over 5 yrs without any problems at all, knock on wood. I'll probably regret saying that. Now it'll probably go belly up!

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
We started out with a bego gelovit that lasted 2 years +/-. $3800 for it new and 2 years later it thru some error code that bego estimated would cost $1800 to fix. I said no thanks and bought a tcs 1 1/2 gallon machine for $2,000 +/-. This coming June we will have been open 10 years so our TCS unit is approx. 8 years old. For the last few years we have done a cook down pretty much daily. It's a rare day that we don't, and since new we have done nothing to this machine except clean it and change the antifreeze and that we don't do nearly often enough.

We really need a bigger unit just haven't made it a post to order one. When I do it will be a tcs machine.

Have you contacted tcs about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know of a tcs antifreze type unit that needs a new home...(JTG doesn't like his)

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
What size unit?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What size unit?

Let you know Monday. I try to respect his desire for non-work hours contact to allow greater family time that took him off here.

Top Bottom