Problem with Zirkonzahn CAD CAM

MrSae

MrSae

Reaction score
Hello,

Our CAD CAM sometimes milling junks. Even with new milling head and recently calibrated.
We are experiencing a problem with our Zirkonzahn CAD CAM M5. We were constantly in contact with Zirkonzahn customer support and their mechanic was here several times to repair the CAD CAM. Our software is always up to date. No one can find out what is the problem with our system. It is not happening very often, but it can cause a big problem when we need to mill a whole bridge again and we have very tight deadlines.

I'm opening this topic in hope some of you maybe experienced similar problems with CAD CAM.

I uploaded photos of one case.

Thank you in advance!

csavCWn.jpg

Zryfzho.jpg

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I know very little about the ZZ mill. For starters I would keep it clean. We would never have that much zirconia debris in any mill. We do a quick vacuume after every job and a more comprehensive cleaning evey day. If they can't fix it, I would be inclined to ask for a replacement mill that works. They sold it, they should either keep it running or replace it. If they don't want to replace it I would return it. Depending on age, I would expect to pay some fee as you have used it and profited from it. If it's new, get a repacet or a full refund.

C

charles007

Reaction score
What exactly did the service technician say was wrong with your mill when they thought they fixed it ?
What answers did you get with phone support ? Apparently the service tech doesn't know jack about the problem, and I would be asking for another mill from ZZ.
Is it still under warranty ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Is there a vac hooked up to that?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Looks like multiple problems. The mill job is only roughing. It's definitely not going through the entire mill stratergy. In addition, one of the axis is way off when the **** flips over as it's milling right through the units.
I don't know haw many ZZ systems are out there but we don't here of many problems.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I think every now and then you can get a corrupt file we have had this a couple of times over the years we just start the job from scratch and then it works.we have had this with the biocare scanner also but biocare will contact you for a rescan.it can happen on all cadcam its still fairly rare .The other thing it can be is the locking nuts at the top of your worm gears that move the spindles up and down and back and fourth.They can get loose or brake they don't take much to change and the parts arent expensive.The dust is pretty standard just vac after each use.We have had an m5 for about 5 years.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
i don't know much about ZZ either but have has similar issues with another system and it was the corrupt CAM file on each occasion.
Restart, redo the whole CAM file and it was OK..do not just resend the job again to the machine, and clean is the way to go.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like the CNC header was missing/corupt, or wrong work-offset being called up or used?

Your mill was probably calibrated using G54 workoffset? Or maybe another? Then, that milling job was not done on same machine offset?

Post up the first Ten lines of your milling program.....Just curious...

Obviously the Z-axis is off. Tool probe using old info from previous tool length?

Bad measurement by tool length sensor?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Wrong diameter tool used and labeled incorrectly?

Should be a 2mm, and you have something else?

Just a thought?

I see signs of tool dragging into material going from One pocket to another.

Wrong size disk in the machine, or maybe this is just another result of previous problem.

Just bad calibration on the Z-axis, and/or wrong work offset being used I still think?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
check simulation ? any other programm running during calculation ?, the cnc controll is on a seperate computer ? any other programms running who bite s each other ? and so on but check first the toolpath simulation and the toolpositions and it looks like their are some collisions on the surface of the blank so the rest of toolpath is maybe bull****

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Tool path looks normal to me?

Just wrong calibration of tool, and/or wrong machine offset used.

This is why you see the tool dragging into the material for connecting paths btwn pockets.

Should be super easy to go back and see why looking at the program.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
And why their is so much Zi dust are you sure the orbit was free no limitations , ore electrical issue is the suction controlled by the mill short underpower and reset.Do you work with tool changer or different hand peaces ( look if the span in the hand peace is correctly placed ) ore you work with 1 mm 1 hand peace strategie

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
we had the SAME EXACT PROBLEM with some roland mills about a year ago.

roland replaced the whole machine.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Could be lots of problems either you have the burs inserted in the wrong placement in your M5. CNC path did not generate correctly and didn't get checked to make sure it will mill properly. Size of block was labeled incorrect or the motherboard on the machine could be going bad or the a axis. I just experienced the same thing in one of my VHF machines and we had to replace the motherboard on the machine.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Clean your mill, geesh!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I had a problem with my Roland but I had the USB plugged into a USB 3.0 socket. That was the issue it turned out;)

P

ProZahnAlex

Reaction score
Ive had the same problem with my m5 and theres a few things that could be wrong if you would like i could help.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
this may sound insane...but is that the right size puck?

do you have your tools in the correct positions?

D

Doliniec

Reaction score
To be honest at first I though it was loose disc, but later came to conclusion that it is CNC error.
Check NESTING
it makes this errors sometimes, then it is calculating CNC super very quickly.