PROBLEM IN IMPLANT CASTING

F

Freakin teeth

Reaction score
Do not think it's a expansion issue but a strength of investment against mass of molten metal entering mold/cavity it is breaking off prep/abutment when entering from one side try a secondary sprue to even the rush of metal into cavity one on buccal & one on lingual from runner bar

anil patel

anil patel

Reaction score
i am using bego belavest sh investment ,

thanks

A

adl

Reaction score

thanks
Never use belavest sh. Too much expansion . If you use Bego investment go to belavest T ,the red ones.long burnout of course

A

aqdental

Reaction score

thanks
Are you doing a multi stage burnout? Most plastic expand when heated which can cause investment breakdown especially if abutments are narrow. Also when alloy fills the cavity, if you use a high density one, can break off thin abutments. You can slow down the torque on your casting machine and avoid spruing those areas in such way that molten alloy doesn't hit any delicate part.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I put all my cast on's in a cold furnace and take up to casting temp and hold for an hour before casting. If it's a thin coping, I don't risk it. I thicken up my wax work and then cast it. I'll thin it out when I grind my metal work.

Top Bottom