Primobase

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Hi Chris, I got the sample you sent (thanks!),anyway I'm posting here in case others may have the same question. How long do you light cure the material? Does it need air barrier coating? What is the smell the uncured material has and will it go away after curing? I have a chance to use the sample tomorrow and need the info, if all goes well I'll be ordering more!

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Looks like you're not around the forums right now so I'll PM. Answered part of my question on the website.

C

Chris_U

Reaction score
Hi Michelle,

Glad you got the sample. The light curing time depends on your light. Our metalights are a slower curing light to reduce the risk of distortion during the curing process, so they need about 5-8 min, along with most other UV light boxes. In the triad or other halogen curing units the time will be less, just a few minutes. No, you do not need a air barrier. After it is curing the smell will go away and if there is a sticky layer you can remove it easily with alcohol. Hope that helps!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi Michelle,

Glad you got the sample. The light curing time depends on your light. Our metalights are a slower curing light to reduce the risk of distortion during the curing process, so they need about 5-8 min, along with most other UV light boxes. In the triad or other halogen curing units the time will be less, just a few minutes. No, you do not need a air barrier. After it is curing the smell will go away and if there is a sticky layer you can remove it easily with alcohol. Hope that helps!

Do you drink the alcohol, or use it on the wax up?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Made a little 1 tooth temporary flipper out of it. Very strong material, is it vinyl based? Any polishing tips, very hard to polish. The smell went away after curing. Anyway, i'm happy and will send you an order. thanks!

C

Chris_U

Reaction score
You can either use pumice or primoglaze. Primoglaze is a light cured lacquer that is great for denture bases and temporaries. You just paint it on and light cured. Not much info on it on the website but it does work well.
primoglaze | primotec

Top Bottom