Primescan

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
One of my Doctors started using Primescan. She wants to send me the cases but the only way she knows is through the Portal. She sends a lot of cases every month so If I have to purchase the Sofware license I will, but before going that route, is there and easily and cheaper solution to get those files? One of my friend suggested WeTransfer, or through the email.
any ideas?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
You have to purchase a USB dongle from probably Henry Schein. This will then allow you to download the connect case center software. Then your doctor will be able to connect with you this way and then you can just download their prescription and case files directly within the software. Then export it wherever from their. It's under $1,000.

The only way around this other than a third party like wetransfer which honestly most doctors are not going to want to do because they want to send to you directly from their scanner is to get them to use the new portal DS Core, no software and all web based.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
One of my Doctors started using Primescan. She wants to send me the cases but the only way she knows is through the Portal. She sends a lot of cases every month so If I have to purchase the Sofware license I will, but before going that route, is there and easily and cheaper solution to get those files? One of my friend suggested WeTransfer, or through the email.
any ideas?
There was a point in the past that I fell into the same situation. The account pushed for the specified scanner company to sent a no charge copy of the basic software so I could set up the portal. They complied with a one year freebie. The doc has to push a bit hard but has been told they could use any lab they choose.

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
You have to purchase a USB dongle from probably Henry Schein. This will then allow you to download the connect case center software. Then your doctor will be able to connect with you this way and then you can just download their prescription and case files directly within the software. Then export it wherever from their. It's under $1,000.

The only way around this other than a third party like wetransfer which honestly most doctors are not going to want to do because they want to send to you directly from their scanner is to get them to use the new portal DS Core, no software and all web based.
Thanks, I will call Nowak tomorrow to see is they have it, If not I call Uncle Schein. I will mention that portal to her once she came from her vacation but you are right 100%, they only wants to send cases directly from their scanner, that was the first thing she told me

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
only schein has it, i had to get it As well, it wasn't much though i think it was 200 but I don't rember, if its a lot i will say its way easier than email

E

erykd1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's still the case but a couple years ago we were able to get a free license from one of our Drs with a Prime scan. Part of the Dr's scanner purchase package was 1 or 2 Sirona Case Connect licenses that they could give to a lab that they work with, we just had to buy a USB key from sirona, it was about $100 if I remember correctly. Ask them to check their purchase paperwork.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
"Look at all the money you can save going digital."

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I’ll take “ sending files from my dock for 2000 Alex”.
And I'll take, "give me an impression for bridge cases for 10,000 Ken".

A remake, as the bridge didn't fit. Contacts were adjusted open, thinking that's why it wasn't seating.
Primescan file, Carbon printed model.

Original. Yes, I now know how to rotate the bottom of the preps to not have them show through the buccal tissue surface. I also now disabled the weep holes for a better-looking model.
20230728_075122.jpg

The new bridge, right out of the oven. I need to check the tissue a bit on the right side for the margin to seat better on #27
20230728_075148.jpg

The bridge from the Carbon model on the impression cast.
20230728_075213.jpg

I have another Primescan bridge case with 3 abutments that I will be doing, designing directly from the scan, and seeing how it fits with the Carbon model that's in the pan.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I have found that 3Shape does not like .stl exports from the Primescan that have been brought into the 22 Inlab software. Exporting a 3se will work better. The mesh is apparently weird and it will not let you make a model most of the time if a simple .stl export is used.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have found that 3Shape does not like .stl exports from the Primescan that have been brought into the 22 Inlab software. Exporting a 3se will work better. The mesh is apparently weird and it will not let you make a model most of the time if a simple .stl export is used.
Can I easily, without jumping through hoops, work with a 3se file in 3Shape?

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
For simple cases, yes.
For implant cases that have multiple folders, it is a little complicated and it will not send you all of the files.

It is best to have the doctor give you only a scan of the arch with a scan body and a scan of the opposing. They should call it a crown in their Primescan software.

Use the scan body scan for both the gingival scan and the abutment alignment scan. You can cut out the scan body in the software.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Think I’ll avoid Primescan drs
Yep, I agree. And I think to work with a .3se file, you have to have the inlab software, which I don't have. Then let alone convert that to a .stl for Argen to work with for my Carbon model?

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Think I’ll avoid Primescan drs
I have had the Inlab software for years. My main accounts bought Cerecs years ago, so it made sense for me.
Over time, I have gotten the work back that I once lost.
It’s not for everyone, but it has been a benefit for me to be able help them out.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have had the Inlab software for years. My main accounts bought Cerecs years ago, so it made sense for me.
Over time, I have gotten the work back that I once lost.
It’s not for everyone, but it has been a benefit for me to be able help them out.
My best friend had (retired) Cerec InLab . Worked wonderfully for him. I believe in that software you can morph a tooth identically from the pre-op. They have some sort of patent on it. Very nice feature.