"Poured" dentures

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
We pour almost everything and a lot of it. Some has been in the mouth for a long time. It works.

I was told by the folks that sell most of the acrylic that the US is about the only place where pressure pack is still the norm.

Where I'm positioned in the market I'm not ask to do Ben&Jerry's Rocky Road. Just house chocolate,vanilla and strawberry but I'm sure there at ways of predictably characterizing poured acrylic.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
:)
We pour almost everything and a lot of it. Some has been in the mouth for a long time. It works.

I was told by the folks that sell most of the acrylic that the US is about the only place where pressure pack is still the norm.

Where I'm positioned in the market I'm not ask to do Ben&Jerry's Rocky Road. Just house chocolate,vanilla and strawberry but I'm sure there at ways of predictably characterizing poured acrylic.

Whew, when I saw your post I thought you where going to beat me to the "Honey wagon" organic honey punch line for Cyno and Wade! :)

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
QUOTE=CYNOSURER;48240]where do you even get non-organic honey?[/QUOTE]

imgres
[

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
QUOTE=CYNOSURER;48240]where do you even get non-organic honey?

Honey made by the new Cad/Cam bees. Like killer bees but with closer tolerances sharper stingers and fit the flowers better.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
LMAO!!! Non-organic honey is shipped direct from China to Tennesee!!

Daniel Watters

Daniel Watters

Reaction score
I'll tend to agree with Ajel on the distortion of implant bars using injection techniques as well as conventional packing techniques. Trust me, I've done the research. Two Montreal bars latter.... now i use a nice frame opaque and pour with Pala products. Very color stable and hard. Think I may try the Pour Plus though. I am also very happy with the Dentplus acrylic line.

Dan

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Would not non organic honey be a cheap toxic copy of the real honey, and where does cheap possibly toxic copies come from? I wonder if they would get the shade right?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I'll tend to agree with Ajel on the distortion of implant bars using injection techniques as well as conventional packing techniques. Trust me, I've done the research. Two Montreal bars latter.... now i use a nice frame opaque and pour with Pala products. Very color stable and hard. Think I may try the Pour Plus though. I am also very happy with the Dentplus acrylic line.

Dan

"Disagree Button"

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
LMAO!!! Non-organic honey is shipped direct from China to Tennessee!!

In one part of China they polluted the countryside so bad it killed all the bees and they had to hand pollinate the regions famous pear crop. Now they say that people do a better job than the bees and the crops are larger. If they could just teach the hand pollinators to puke honey they may have something if they can keep them from toting knives and becoming the new killer bees.

I raised bees for a while and it was fun but toward the end when friends saw me coming they said NO,NO MORE HONEY!

Tennessee the place they invented the 15 tooth flipper?

M

macdonalddon

Reaction score
In one part of China they polluted the countryside so bad it killed all the bees and they had to hand pollinate the regions famous pear crop. Now they say that people do a better job than the bees and the crops are larger. If they could just teach the hand pollinators to puke honey they may have something if they can keep them from toting knives and becoming the new killer bees.

I raised bees for a while and it was fun but toward the end when friends saw me coming they said NO,NO MORE HONEY!

Tennessee the place they invented the 15 tooth flipper?

Instead of honey, I use a fine artist brush to apply a little petroleum jelly down the facial/buccal and just over the center incisal aspect of each tooth and they stay in place during the pour.

Also, I've found that you can greatly extend the life/elasticity of your hydro-colloid by immersing the used mold in water, whereby the monomer will leach out of the gel into the water.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Happy to read this forum since I have been exclusively trained in acrylic liquid pours. I understand the concepts of pressure packing but have no hands on experience with it. Do your doctors ever ask about the way acrylic is poured or packed? I was under the assumption pressure pack was expected from General Dentist.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Happy to read this forum since I have been exclusively trained in acrylic liquid pours. I understand the concepts of pressure packing but have no hands on experience with it. Do your doctors ever ask about the way acrylic is poured or packed? I was under the assumption pressure pack was expected from General Dentist.

My avatar is liquid pour. Lucitone fas pour 199 . Actually mentioned earlier in the forum

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Happy to read this forum since I have been exclusively trained in acrylic liquid pours. I understand the concepts of pressure packing but have no hands on experience with it. Do your doctors ever ask about the way acrylic is poured or packed? NO. I was under the assumption pressure pack was expected from General Dentist.
They don't ask. Most don't know difference.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
i could be confused.

when you guys say "stained" are you talking about staining the outside after its processed? thats something im not familiar with.

i guess what im asking is this:
can you salt and pepper the different colors to the gingival areas in the hydrocolloid and cure that before you pour? or does it fall off and/or get dislodged so it ends up in the wrong place when your done?

i understand there is only so much room in there and i have to be mindfull of that. (no trial pack) but can it be done?

anyone tried it?
What you want is the Candular polymaster flask, you just paint the stains into the areas you want,pour in your favourite pour acrylic (I'm partial to Palapress Vario) and cure.

Top Bottom