post and core

Artexperience

Artexperience

Reaction score
Good morning

We just got a case in for #10.......post and core with an EMAX crown. Normally we do posts out of a type 2 gold but we are concerned with the metal showing through the EMAX crown.

What are some suggestions for the post and core??

Thank you

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
This is what I have done in the olden days: Cast the post in a gold alloy you can bake porcelain to it, in reduced size. Opaque it and build up a 'post' with shoulder porcelain. Don't leave opaque exposed if you etch the post. It may resolve the opaquer!

But, you can also use MO ingots and keep the post to a minimal size. With luck, the MO ingot is enough to cover your post.

Or, go old school pfm. It may save you some headache (but give you a different one.... :D

user name

user name

Reaction score
Cast the post in a gold alloy you can bake porcelain to it, in reduced size. Opaque it and build up a 'post' with shoulder porcelain. Don't leave opaque exposed if you etch the post. It may resolve the opaquer! :D
Thats high quality thinking!

F

Freakin teeth

Reaction score
I do them out of Ag/Pd wax & cast post as previously said,opaque send to dr they inset take impression they etch prior to emax insertion

Artexperience

Artexperience

Reaction score
This is what I have done in the olden days: Cast the post in a gold alloy you can bake porcelain to it, in reduced size. Opaque it and build up a 'post' with shoulder porcelain. Don't leave opaque exposed if you etch the post. It may resolve the opaquer!

But, you can also use MO ingots and keep the post to a minimal size. With luck, the MO ingot is enough to cover your post.

Or, go old school pfm. It may save you some headache (but give you a different one.... :D

If I didn't have a headache before, I do now. ;) We should have plenty of room for an MO ingot to cover, hopefully! Thank you for thinking outside the box!!

Top Bottom