possible new system

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
As many of you know we have been using the Dental Wings ( 5 series) for a few years-

We may be in the market or a new cad system-

Amann girrbach ceramill-

Nicholas who does all of our scanning is going to see 1 in action on Thursday but I wanted to get some info from the guys/gals who seem to know pretty close to everything dental related

is anyone using this system and can you give some honest input on how it has meshed into the everyday working of your lab

Greg Amendola MDT

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
That's an Exocad based white light scanning system, right? I talked to them before I purchased my new system. You can't lose with Exocad. Your design tech will love it. The scanner is a white light based system. Very accurate from what i have seen. The big difference is the actual mounting of the model in the scanner. That is what made me decide to go with another system. It seemed a little time consuming the way it was set up. Now this comes purely from a video I watched on their website and a few others on youtube.

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Gregg, if your talking about their scanner, it was my first choice alone the Origin and Smart Optics scanner. The much lower cost of the Origin won out over these other good white light scanners with Exocad..
Once I asked for a, to my door price to compare prices, Girrbach then added extra charges... and there loss now..
I think the main differences, the mounting feature for an articulator, and made in Germany on both Girrbach and Smart Optics..
I'm sure there will be some deals in Chicago... take a check .

Charles

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
As many of you know we have been using the Dental Wings ( 5 series) for a few years-

We may be in the market or a new cad system-

Amann girrbach ceramill-

Nicholas who does all of our scanning is going to see 1 in action on Thursday but I wanted to get some info from the guys/gals who seem to know pretty close to everything dental related

is anyone using this system and can you give some honest input on how it has meshed into the everyday working of your lab

Greg Amendola MDT

I love the Zirconia they have.

I am waiting to get some of their new translucent material and their stains to check out. I buy around 200 disks a month of their regular stuff for substructures and love it!

Right now they are moving from Florida to NC...they are at both places this month. Kinda crazy.

If you want a system, I'll buy a system and lets get a few more guys to at least buy a scanner or ??

I talk to "the Man" in Austria often. I get good discounts. Exocad is just as good, if not better than 3shape. Same/same. Leap-frog game at this point for software features. The scanner is better IMO.

You have my thumbs up for this system either way.

Last edited:
amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Jason, Charles and Scott- thanks for your input you have given us alot to think and talk about
if you think of anything else , please pass it on

Greg Amendola MDT

J

JONATHANH

Reaction score
ONLY ONE SCANNER OUT THERE FOR ME AND THATS 3SHAPE, SOFTWARE BEST ON MARKET RIGHT NOW. HAS BEEN FOR YEARS. ALL THE REST JUST CATCH UP TO THEM.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I was just watching videos on this system the other night. The articulator mount in the scanner looks interesting. I would like to try designing a full upper and lower simultaneously.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I talk to "the Man" in Austria often. I get good discounts. Exocad is just as good, if not better than 3shape. Same/same. Leap-frog game at this point for software features. The scanner is better IMO.

3Shape 2013 will be out next year and feature to feature, 3Shape blows exocad (and other software) out of the water, but not everyone needs all that. I heard in 2013 they are doing digital dentures, implant planning/surgical guides and life-like renderings (like exocad). I just wish 3Shape had a white light scanner... popcorn

pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
With all due respect, I don't understand why no one is considering Zirkonzahn. On specifications their scanner AND milling unit have better performance then Girbach, in the scanner you can put the whole articulator and scan the relation like this, no special mounts like with Girbach! Not to mention that Girbach in my eyes are copycats, they were sued by Zirkonzahn for manual milling machine and won the case.

But there is difference in price, not much but I have to admit that there is. However, if one scanner has point accuracy 10 microns and the other 20, guess which one I'll take! I just got an estimate for 20.370 with VAT, that includes computer, screen and basic software based on Exocad. Does anyone have price for Girbach model?

Top Bottom