Porcelain Press

R

Rugardave

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We've been pressing for about 14 yrs. w/ our Pentron. We are in the market for a backup, Do any of the new machines result in no reaction layer completely? If so which ones? With the machine we are using now the layer depends on what is being pressed and how big etc. It ranges from little or none to heavy, but never to the point where the units were ruined.

Thanks for your help,
Dave

user name

user name

Reaction score
Its all heat, pressure and knowing what youre doing. You nailed it in your question; every type of ingot and every size ring has its own parameters. If you have the ability to control the machine, you have the ability to get excellent quality pressings. This will wind up being a pissing contest with everyone voting for the one they have. I like Zubler. They will tell you how awesome their advanced press feature is, and I have it...but I don't use it. I get the best results with my own numbers. The more you know about pressing the easier it will be to decide on a machine. Every day I use my Zubler I fall more in love.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
We've got a Programat 5K and a Dekema 654 Press. Kinda pricey for a backup...
Either way...
A 2 min sonic bath in this 2% Hydroflouric acid solution should resolve that 5 extra minutes attempting to sandblast that layer off. And no more of that frustration that leads to cranking the psi up to 50 and losing your knifed margins.
After the bath, that reaction layer blasts off with ease even at 10 psi.
ips-e-max---press-invex-liquid-1.jpg

$64.00 for this bottle that will last you all year.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
4% hydrochloric acid and 96% water for $64.00. Talking about profit!!!. You could make your own for peanuts.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
4% hydrochloric acid and 96% water for $64.00. Talking about profit!!!. You could make your own for peanuts.
I don't imagine I would want to pop open the container of 100% or 30% hydrofluoric acid and make my own. That stuff is some scary nasty stuff. It will eat right through a glass table before your eyes....

jSon

jSon

Reaction score
Reaction layers are always easy to tAke care of. Try a diamond and going over the surface just enough to roughen it up. Then sandblast. That's how I have been tAking care of it. No problems with margin.

ICONDENTAL

ICONDENTAL

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We've been pressing for about 14 yrs. w/ our Pentron. We are in the market for a backup, Do any of the new machines result in no reaction layer completely? If so which ones? With the machine we are using now the layer depends on what is being pressed and how big etc. It ranges from little or none to heavy, but never to the point where the units were ruined.

Thanks for your help,
Dave

Have a Pentron if interested no pump.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Too help decrease reaction layer also use disposable plungers or "Twist" and remove the Alox plunger ASAP. This is easy if pressing temps are dialled in and the separator is used.

keithw@vodamail.co.za

[email protected]

Reaction score
Too help decrease reaction layer also use disposable plungers or "Twist" and remove the Alox plunger ASAP. This is easy if pressing temps are dialled in and the separator is used.
Sorry, I don't get how a plunger can decrease the reaction layer of the objects that have been pressed, the plunger only contacts the back of the button?

M

martintay

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't get how a plunger can decrease the reaction layer of the objects that have been pressed, the plunger only contacts the back of the button?
It retains a lot of heat and thus increases the reaction layer forming time .ie heat transfer via the button. Hope that helps.

keithw@vodamail.co.za

[email protected]

Reaction score
So by that rationale, the reaction layer should be heavy on the sides of the button getting progressively less as you move further away from the button towards the pressed objects.
Just saying, I have not seen any evidence of this.
Interesting nonetheless.

Javier Ricalde

Javier Ricalde

Reaction score

I thought the same, out of curiosity I did a test and if the reaction layer is smaller, and there are no fractures in the button

M

martintay

Reaction score
I think Mr Zubler wrote a detailed explaination on here a while ago ?? Well worth reading.

Top Bottom