PLASTER / sandblast DUST COLLECTOR

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
You are correct! Two. Got them out wrapping masking tape on a yard stick.
Lots have bounced off since!

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Is this going under the bench or a separate area? I do not recommend the Vaninman under bench for for sand. It will eat up the motor. At least it did mine, two times in no time. I have been running a Kavo under bench for my porc. grinding station for 25 years,A couple motors along the way but rock solid and pretty quiet. I have a Festool vacuum for plaster and sandblaster. But its separated from the area otherwise it would be to loud. Bags and brushes can be bought locally.

Raffi

Raffi

Reaction score
So I went with the Quatro velocity x2
Reason I went Quatro Is because they are local.
If anything happens within the 2 years warranty they are 20 minutes away from my place.
Did not go. With the x1 I just wanted more power.
I already have a dust deputy so even better.
I'll put some pics on once k have everything set up.
Thanks for everyones help :)

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
If your on a budget http://www.harborfreight.com/2-hp-industrial-5-micron-dust-collector-97869.html, it's hard to beat this. I haven't used it in the lab, but I'm happy with it in the garage on the table and band saws even when cutting MDF. We did use it to suck up drywall joint dust and it wasn't too bad there either. It often goes on sale for less than $200.00.
If something a little more high end is for you http://www.grizzly.com/dust-collectors has central collectors from 1- 10 HP and filters from 5 microns to HEPA, and several ceiling (1400 CFM for $404.00),floor and benchtop units. Grizzly isn't unique either there are numerous suppliers out there. We get raped on price for anything labelled dental so it doesn't hurt to think outside the box when you can.

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
I already own the harbor freight dust collector for my garage workshop :) love it! just wanted something designated to the plaster section
Just got the x2.. gonna hook it up on sunday will let you guys know how it goes :)

Top Bottom