Planning a Big Case

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Brett, any hard material opposing each other will click. I've heard dentures opposing each other click. Porcelain on porcelain will click. Enamel with enamel clicks.... Zr on Zr will click I just depends on how much and how loud. The situation with implants on implants just exercerbates the issue due to there's no Give in the tissue. I think a flat occlusal plane will cause more of the concern . A 5 or 10 degree occlusal scheme developed With a relative curve of Spee and Wislon will help. With a "0" degree the patient will be constantly moving...increasing the clocking sound.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Brett, any hard material opposing each other will click. I've heard dentures opposing each other click. Porcelain on porcelain will click. Enamel with enamel clicks.... Zr on Zr will click I just depends on how much and how loud. The situation with implants on implants just exercerbates the issue due to there's no Give in the tissue. I think a flat occlusal plane will cause more of the concern . A 5 or 10 degree occlusal scheme developed With a relative curve of Spee and Wislon will help. With a "0" degree the patient will be constantly moving...increasing the clocking sound.

Thanks. Now I just need to find a good zirconia to use.

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
I met with the doctor today. Here is a picture of the Restoration Plan I proposed to him along with an estimate of the final lab bill. I will continue to document this case as it proceeds. Hopefully the last post on this thread will be about how smooth the case went and how happy the doctor and patient were with the results. ;) View attachment 22535
Great documentation! Hopefully no sprites for anyone!

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Looks like someone feel that an occlusal guard would not be needed in this case?