Swiss Dental Solutions

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I got a scan in that used an implant from this manufacturer. This is a one piece all zirc implant. It is restored by the doctor prepping the abutment to create a margin so we can fabricate a crown. I have questions...what the hell are we doing here? What does this solve? I thought we figured out that grinding on zirconia is bad. I can't imagine having a dentist prep this implant in the mouth. How is this better than a typical Ti implant with a custom abutment?

For this case, the doctor hadn't prepped the implant at all so it wasn't restorable at this time. Can't wait to see how it looks once they do prep it. :oops:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm with you, concerned about prepping zirconia and possibly, probably, initiating micro-cracks. But are those HIP zirconia, and maybe less prone to micro-cracks?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I'm with you, concerned about prepping zirconia and possibly, probably, initiating micro-cracks. But are those HIP zirconia, and maybe less prone to micro-cracks?
All I can find is that they say their zirconia is TZP-A. Nothing on how it's fabricated.