Pictures wanted please.

geoffteeth

geoffteeth

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am writing a workflow for implants in our lab to help people when I am on holiday in canada this year (3 weeks Bliss) any way and I need pictures of pick ups in imps to help my guys identify which system they are. (it can take years to get to know them all!)
The ones we mostly use are Nobel replace, Straumann, 3i, and astra but I would be grateful of any others you may have.
I will be taking some of my own but thought I would ask you good people for help.
Many thanks in advance
Geoff

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Google search/ click on images.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Why not start taking photos of the systems you use, they're all the same in concept; ie closed tray or open tray impressions. Either way analogs are whats gonna be attached to the copings, pretty much a slam dunk. You just need to research your components for each system and document, but it seems like you want others to do your home work for you. What you need to do is to teach them the concept and the role each component play in making the restoration. After that its pretty much matching the components within each system. Looks like you got some homework to do, you might want to involve your co-workers providing a great educational opportunity.

geoffteeth

geoffteeth

Reaction score
Why not start taking photos of the systems you use, they're all the same in concept; ie closed tray or open tray impressions. Either way analogs are whats gonna be attached to the copings, pretty much a slam dunk. You just need to research your components for each system and document, but it seems like you want others to do your home work for you. What you need to do is to teach them the concept and the role each component play in making the restoration. After that its pretty much matching the components within each system. Looks like you got some homework to do, you might want to involve your co-workers providing a great educational opportunity.

I thought forums were a place where people could go for help or advice from like minded people.
Honestly did you even read my request?
I thought I made it clear what I was after and why and that I would be taking pics myself.
I asked if anyone had pictures of pickups in imps so that people who had little or no experiance of implant work would be able to identify the system used thats it, different systems pick ups are far from "all the same in concept" now I know what a straumann pickup looks like or nobel or 3i and I recon I could tell you the size and platform as well although I have no idea what a Slam dunk is! But someone inexperienced might not, so I thought I'd get some pictures and label them.
It was a simple request and if you had none you could have simply read another thread.
I would expect more than such a negative reply from a moderator on a forum to be honest.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
geoffteeth, sorry for the late response. You are absolutely correct, "this forum is for sharing and helping". Thats exactly what I was doing along with the suggestion made by another member to google the images. I hope you understand its nearly impossible to catalog all the implant components on the market today. Seems like new companies and their goods sprout up daily. I was only suggesting to photo catalog the most common system used by your lab ASAP. Along with google search, you would probably be better served by downloading catalogs from various manufacturers. This way you can show your trainees what the components look like since it would be next to impossible for a rookie to identify a mysetry component embedded in an impression.

As for the concept I mentioned, its basically two or three parts the need to become familiar with impression copings, analogs and abutments annd screws. Since each manufacturer have different nomenclature for their respective parts you can also get familar with the respective synonyms for the implant components for example: impression copings = impression caps, impression posts, transfer cap, transfer copings,,,etc then you have to decidewhether its open tray or closed tray. Same goes for analogs, implant replica, fixture replica, abutment replica etc. If its a fixture level or abutment level impression.

What your requesting is just not feasable for all the systems out there, which is why I suggested getting them trained on the concept. Your docs should indicate on the script what implant system and size at a minimum as this would reduce if not eliminate any confusion in the laboratory. The photos " you plan on taking" along with downloaded catalogs and a few training sessions teaching restorative implants concepts, you'll be well on your way.

Dont forget manufacturers have different geometries and color coding schemes, whats yellow and 3.4mm could mean something totally different with another system; so by looking at a yellow or red or purple or silver or blue or green or violet component that can be barely seen, and embedded in an impression dont really mean diddly squat unless you know the system used. So I hope this was "helpful enough" ...have a great day.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Geoffteeth - for what is worth - I think Damon was not being sarcastic or anyway, just more efficient
to elaborate on principles and do it yourself than trying to coordinate different designs, etc
and make this an exhaustive program that is more labor intensive and not provide the true
education you seem to want to provide your employees . . .
Just my 2 cents - you can ignore.
LCM

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Geoffteeth - for what is worth - I think Damon was not being sarcastic or anyway, just more efficient
to elaborate on principles and do it yourself than trying to coordinate different designs, etc
and make this an exhaustive program that is more labor intensive and not provide the true
education you seem to want to provide your employees . . .

Just my 2 cents - you can ignore.
LCM

Ja no wat I'm sayin,,,,, see wat I'm sayin,,, ats awll I'm sayn.......Thank you very much lcm, I used to be in lab education, still am somewhat. I just found it helpful for students to identify the components once they understood its function.

Last edited: