PEEK as a Maryland Bridge framework material?

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Is this viable? I can't find anything on the net -curious as to why? Intraoral bonding not possible?

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Also curious. Estheticically would be nice and I wonder whether the resilience would be a good thing.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I did one about two years ago as a temp solution till the pt. saves up for an implant. Used PEEK b/c I didn't wanted to compromise the strength milling the wings out of PMMA. Roughed up the inner surface really good, then applied a thin wash of visio.link primer. I guess it still holds, because I never heard of it since...Stupido2

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I did one about two years ago as a temp solution till the pt. saves up for an implant. Used PEEK b/c I didn't wanted to compromise the strength milling the wings out of PMMA. Roughed up the inner surface really good, then applied a thin wash of visio.link primer. I guess it still holds, because I never heard of it since...Stupido2
I can't remember but are these new Hi Permfomance Polymers radio opaque? Good thing to know in case of a debond, can trace if they are... Paul Cascone from Argen mentioned this on his lecture in Chicago, Maryland bridges are like fishing lures and if the debond and are ingested, Big problem. Worse if they don't show up on an X-ray. From what I've heard, bonding is superb, strength is plenty. Just need to know about radio- opacity. Could always build some in easily, a little barium acrylic somewhere on lingual. If these materials weren't bondible, nobody would be adding composit to them, you just require the proper bonding agents like Zero mentioned 😊

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Maryland bridges are like fishing lures and if the debond and are ingested, Big problem. Worse if they don't show up on an X-ray.
I've never thought of that... Banghead guess each PEEK resto will get a radio opaque marker from now on