Panicking! Urgent! Dwx4 error

C

Corie

Reaction score
my machine had been milling for a couple hours, and just stopped with an error! The tool has not been released. This has happened before, and I know how to reset, but I want to know if there is a way to fix error and then continue milling where it left off. In the past, it always restarts. I really don't want to lose the last hours of work I had done. My tech support is gone for the day and I can't find anything for Roland. Please can someone help me?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what cam does the DWX4 use?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
my machine had been milling for a couple hours, and just stopped with an error! The tool has not been released. This has happened before, and I know how to reset, but I want to know if there is a way to fix error and then continue milling where it left off. In the past, it always restarts. I really don't want to lose the last hours of work I had done. My tech support is gone for the day and I can't find anything for Roland. Please can someone help me?

theoretical yes but i didnt think you have access to change the strat.

i think you run sum too maybe your support is able to change 1 minute if you know wheres the problem and to where was milled. or a guy with open Sum and DWX 4 plug in does that for you !!! i am sorry no plug in

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
If nothing works...;)

14imu8g.jpg

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
Yes the job can be started from where it left. Are you running SUM 3D? If so I could tell you how to restart from where it left off

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
Corie I hope you fix the issue I have a 4 also, I think you where trying to mill a bridge, this happens to me when I have a bridge which has many complex angles etc.

The issue with the 4's SUM is its a watered down version so there are limitations.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Corie I hope you fix the issue I have a 4 also, I think you where trying to mill a bridge, this happens to me when I have a bridge which has many complex angles etc.

The issue with the 4's SUM is its a watered down version so there are limitations.

Limitations?!!!

In other words the cam is not properly mapped out and is not fully aware, so to speak, of it's limitations,...can you say,..collision? Yikes!!

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
Its not a Full version of SUM3D Limitations, so you have less options in some areas.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
5 axis
Sorry to here the bad news. Doesn't sound good. Hope you don't lose it.

C

Corie

Reaction score
I did manage to get it to restart from where it left off, thank goodness. I moved my tools a little farther down in the holders. I think they were too far up and the magnet was not catching when it tried to drop the tools. It's the first time I've had an error when I didn't have to start from the beginning of the milling. Now if only I can get this stain nightmare under control. Lol

C

Corie

Reaction score
Crap. It just did it again. Had to start new bridge over again

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
The error is that the machine fails to release the roughing tool? If this is the problem check the air pressure is high enough.

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
DWX-4 collet is mechanically controlled, air pressure will not affect tool changes. I would check to see if collet is overtightened

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Corie,

Moving the tools down in the holders is not the correct solution. Make sure the tools are mounted with the collars in the correct location using the included fixture (page 22 of the user's guide). This information is in the user's manual (a printed version is included with your DWX-4 and an electronic version was included on the disk and installed on your computer). If you can't locate the manual you can download a copy from the support pages of our website:

http://support.rolanddga.com/_layouts/RolandDGA/productdetail.aspx?pm=DWX-4

Page 52 of the user's manual lists error messages and what to do. The manual also includes troubleshooting guides.

We (Roland & your reseller) are here to help. Feel free to contact your reseller to go through diagnostic steps or contact our technical support department to get this resolved.

-Glenn

Last edited:
C

Corie

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the numbee for roland tech support?