opinions on equipoise

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Any good or bad experience of this system? Does it cover all situations adequately?
Some seem to love it, others are not certain. And what experiences do patients report?
popcorn

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Any good or bad experience of this system? Does it cover all situations adequately?
Some seem to love it, others are not certain. And what experiences do patients report?
popcorn

Its a wonderful system that you need to be trained and certified to use the name in. It has scientific merit to maintain the health and life of the terminal abutment for Free end RPD's with benefit of a hidden clasp. When used in conjunction of new crowns its very very accurate. When the client is forced to prep the case to accommodate the technique it is a bit more demanding for the client to achieve a perfect result.

Every case that we have done which mimics the concept but is marketed under a different name has been very well received by the patient.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I've been aware of the principles since my training days. It can produce elegantly designed partials and give extra confidence to patients.
Nowadays though it seems there are fewer highly skilled techs emerging from training programmes. The docs too are emerging from college with less of an appreciation of RPD's and focusing more on cosmetic aspects of the digital age. Also the implant systems seem to be getting a huge percentage of their attention. With more and more metal free restorations it may be difficult for docs to find the right guys to service their needs. Just a thought.
Has anyone ever had difficulty servicing one of these designs or incorporating additions with good long term success? Any difficulties or hints?

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
It is a great system and not that tough to grasp the concept. The INEFFICIENT LEVER MECHANICS are similar to what an RPI clasp offers. I would think the RPI would actually be more 'inefficient' than the Equipoise 'C' though not as esthetic but then again not requiring the massive tooth reduction of an Equipoise. I'm not personally familar with the "L" spring. But I have used Tach EZ to accomplish the same thing...though they are a bit bulky but once placed correctly easy to change out the parts...unlike the IC plunger where the spring is back loaded and requires removal to replace the parts... which is why they are a bit smaller. John, have you used the 'L' spring?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi Tim,

I have not bought their attachment but we have used traditional IC attachments which are basically the same thing.