Nt-Trading Scanbodies

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Who is using NT-Trading scan bodies?
What Scanner/CAD system are you working on while using them?
Do you use them for internal manufacturing hybrids or ti milling or are you sending out the designs?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use them with my Trios.

I send my files to Argen for either hybrids or custom abutments.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
We use the nt trading scan bodies with exocad/kavo everest. We do everything in house. (except we aren't milling Ti yet)

Otherwise, we cut hybrids and custom abutments,etc.

The regular peek scan bodies are crap. We've had to order the 3D scan bodies and they work much better.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We use them for their nt trading hybrid ti bases for screw ret crowns and their two connect system only order the 3d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
using them to mill in house custom ti abuts

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
nt-trading has libraries available for 3Shape, ExoCAD, Dental Wings and Delcam, so plenty of options.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
For those using them do you find that placing or alignment with the 3d series is ever troublesome in the anterior region.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
For those using them do you find that placing or alignment with the 3d series is ever troublesome in the anterior region.

Why is it troublesome I wonder. If it's an issue of not having room like especially with lowers then (at least with exocad anyway) when you get to the scan abutment stage of the scan procedure, it is not necessary to have the adjacent teeth in place in the model because the software already knows their position. In the case of side by side preps you simply do the first one and then you can capture the others by doing additional scans manually. You don't even need to get a complete image either if you don't want to,..just most of it and it's no problem, Don't know if that helped you,..hope so...

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
It may not be a problem on the model but when you use it in the mouth

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
What about unsectioned models, do you have a preferred workaround for these cases? Do you use a different scanbody? Do you use NT tradings original scan bodies?

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
What about unsectioned models, do you have a preferred workaround for these cases? Do you use a different scanbody? Do you use NT tradings original scan bodies?[/QUOTE

Scan bodies can be altered a bit in order to fit them into a tight squeeze and they will still work as long as you don't hack the bejesus out of them. if your preps are side by side you could still scan them one at a time manually, as long as everything remains tight in the fixture then the software should just keep adding in the additional info. If that's no good you could destroy your model as you go through the scan and then harvest parts and re-pour it. Or you could open the window and throw it as far as you can......whatever makes you happy,.. you have options,...use them my brother,..peace out...

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Also, I've never had to use the old style scan bodies but I heard someone say they suck,...I'd try it though if there wasn't any other way I guess

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You can't move one scan body around to different sites when you do an IOS.

You have to have a scan body in each site.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
We offer scan bodies and ti bases both engaging, non engaging, on multiunits for all major implant systems.
Pending FDA though...soon.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
You can use the NT Trading scna bodies to send to anyone who manufactures using the NT implant library. Or, you can mill yourself. CAP offers the library for free nad has the complete line of bodies. You can purchase them here;
http://shop.cap-us.com/scanbodies/
Call tech support for the library install. 877-977-7889

Top Bottom