No Prep Emax Veneers

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
Here is a case I did recently using Emax. The patient wanted help with his smile, but did not want ortho or any long term significant work at the moment. He is in his early twenties and wants to go to hygiene school. When he has more money he will seek more permanent treatment. The Dentist did not want to grind down his teeth for crowns or veneers, so we did no prep veneers with lithium disilicate. I worked off the shades requested, and the patient and Dentist were happy with them. However in the after photos I did notice the canines seemed lighter than my restorations, but the lower arch seemed to match up well so maybe that is why they wanted them that shade.
before.jpg after.jpg

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
Thanks. I am still improving my skills with Emax every case.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Nice man, looks great. I bet you totally changed that kids' life.

What ingot did you use?

I'm getting the hang of E.max too. I'm waiting for photos from a doc on a veneer and implant case that just went in today. The assistant called and said they looked beautiful/perfect and everyone was happy. The call was great because I was totally stressed out about if it was going to go in. Not sure if you can related to that, because your stuff looks pro. :D

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Nice man, looks great. I bet you totally changed that kids' life.

What ingot did you use?

I'm getting the hang of E.max too. I'm waiting for photos from a doc on a veneer and implant case that just went in today. The assistant called and said they looked beautiful/perfect and everyone was happy. The call was great because I was totally stressed out about if it was going to go in. Not sure if you can related to that, because your stuff looks pro. :D

Nice case.
Everybody can relate to the stress of if a case will go or not.

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
I used an LT A2 ingot, and layered the labial aspect. It was fun to do a case where I was working with the existing anatomy and not a prep. Glad you guys liked my work. I really have absorbed alot from everyone on the DLN. Some of you guys post amazing cases.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
let me guess, you used the ti or i enamel?

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
I wonder about long term success of no prep veneers? Any thoughts?
Nice work !

P

paulg100

Reaction score
saw Dennis Wells present in the UK at the AACD/BACD joint meeting year before last.

Was doing no prep feldspathic veneers at almost 0.00 thickness. Foil technique from lab to as thin as possible 0.1ish, then re contouring and thinning out after bonding to near zero.

Was doing around 80% of his veneer cases like this in his practice and at the time had cases still going strong at around 8 years. Awesome aesthetic results as well and fully reversible using a YAG soft tissue laser.

Really opened my eyes with whats possible with veneers.

As always with veneers, its more about bonding technique and occlusual management than material strength.

400mpa lithium disilicate is total overkill for veneers in most cases, and if you factor biomimetics into the equation, the higher elastic modulus of emax is actually detrimental.

What the higher strength does allow us to do from a manufacturing perspective is handle the things at ultra low thickness. 0.1 or less is no problem to work with.

If youve ever tried working with a feldspathic veneer at those thickness's its a total nightmare, as they can break by just picking them up, let alone the poor Dr having to try and bond em.

No prep veneers work great and last a long time when done properly.