Next-Generation Materials

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
...polished Zirconia is better than baking on a ceramic glaze, as far as wear on enamel.....(said someone from Alabama who got paid waaay too much to come up with that info)

I could have told you that.

Did I miss anything? I read the whole article.

I only saw old materials mentioned that have been around for a decade++. ZrO2. Where are the new materials?

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
ill put up a link of another finnish guy eating licorice if you want.
i dont think these types of articles are for you scott....but im sure others will get something out of them.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Gush, now we may sale whatever we bought, time to buy new junk LOL.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
"....high-strength biomedical fiberglass material in machinable-puck format for milling implant overdenture bars. If this material works, Culp says it would dramatically reduce the cost of manufacturing hybrid restorations and not require the use of specialized milling equipment. ......."

more... http://www.dentalaegis.com/idt/2012/03/next-generation-materials

That sounds cool!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
"....high-strength biomedical fiberglass material in machinable-puck format for milling implant overdenture bars. If this material works, Culp says it would dramatically reduce the cost of manufacturing hybrid restorations and not require the use of specialized milling equipment. ......."

more... Next-Generation Materials | Inside Dental Technology | dentalaegis.com

That sounds cool!

Yeh that does sound cool, now if I were to mill that kind of stuff I would try and mill it on a pmma cycle just to see how fast it milled and then be blown away as to how smooth it came out and how strong it was. Thats if I had the chance to mill it Lol;)

Top Bottom