New Scanner feedback

L

labguy5381

Reaction score
We are considering purchasing a 2nd scanner. We have 3-shape software and a 3-shape 800 series scanner now. We are looking for a more versatile and faster scanner. We also would like to be able to mount large, articulated cases in the scanner. I just saw a scanner advertized that I was not familiar with. It is the Freedom HD by DOF inc. I am not familiar with the scanner or the company. Does anyone have experience with this scanner? As a broader question, what scanners do you like and why? We are a fixed lab now, but looking to get into removables.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Medit but I hear people do love their DOF scanners too . You couldn't go wrong with either of these .

D

dr.dhaval thakkar

Reaction score
Check for Opentechonolgies Neway.
Way to go with this one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
DOF HD here. Being able to scan cases on full size articulators with out any special devices is a plus.
The Stable Scan Stage (SSS) is great, no model holder allows for easy scanning of any model.
Scan App is easy to use and has great auto matching features. Free scan available too.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
We are considering purchasing a 2nd scanner. We have 3-shape software and a 3-shape 800 series scanner now. We are looking for a more versatile and faster scanner. We also would like to be able to mount large, articulated cases in the scanner. I just saw a scanner advertized that I was not familiar with. It is the Freedom HD by DOF inc. I am not familiar with the scanner or the company. Does anyone have experience with this scanner? As a broader question, what scanners do you like and why? We are a fixed lab now, but looking to get into removables.
Hi, we use the Freedom HD DOF and it Really rocks!!!! Absolutely smooth, accurate and problem free [emoji5]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I’m a Medit fan as well. Great scanners! And their scanning software is versatile and easy to use. Puts out a variety of CAD formats including 3shape. ( I’m an Exocad guy.) It’s handled anything complex ..hydrid ZI’s , etc.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What does 'free scan' mean 2th? That you can select where you want to scan?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Dental Wings, obviously.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What does 'free scan' mean 2th? That you can select where you want to scan?
It is an app that allows for free scanning of objects or if you need some other type scans that aren't Jaw, Preop, etc.
Personally I don't use it very often as I trick the software into my bidding, but have some contacts that do and love it.

Larry RDC mentioned that Medit outputs 3shape. DOF does too as well as Maestro for their ortho/C & B software.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I bought a Medit Hybrid last year. Can scan for both 3Shape and Exocad. Being able to scan a case on an adjustable articulator is very nice. I have a D2000, and using the articulator scan plates has been somewhat problematic. This makes it easy...

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
@labguy5381,

I invite you to visit our website to learn more about Medit Identica scanners. https://www.meditcompany.com/

The T500 is the fastest dental lab scanner with 12 second full arch scans and 7 micron accuracy. The T500 includes a complete line of accessories including automatic double sided impression scanning, color scanning, full size articulator scanning and a large, flexible multi-die.

The T300 scans a full arch in just 24 seconds with 7 micron accuracy. You can customize the T300 with accessories to suit your needs.

Both scanners include US based technical support, and come bundled with colLab scan software with free updates and no annual fees.

If you have any questions or if you would like to talk with a Medit reseller, please feel free to PM me or use the contact page on our website:
https://www.meditcompany.com/contact-dental

-Glenn

K

KIM

Reaction score
@labguy5381,

I invite you to visit our website to learn more about Medit Identica scanners. https://www.meditcompany.com/

The T500 is the fastest dental lab scanner with 12 second full arch scans and 7 micron accuracy. The T500 includes a complete line of accessories including automatic double sided impression scanning, color scanning, full size articulator scanning and a large, flexible multi-die.

The T300 scans a full arch in just 24 seconds with 7 micron accuracy. You can customize the T300 with accessories to suit your needs.

Both scanners include US based technical support, and come bundled with colLab scan software with free updates and no annual fees.

If you have any questions or if you would like to talk with a Medit reseller, please feel free to PM me or use the contact page on our website:
https://www.meditcompany.com/contact-dental

-Glenn
We have installed many of the Identica T500 scanners in the field this year and they are an awesome scanner. Clients simply love the speed, accuracy and features compared to the ST2 which we've sold up until now....Great product!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
We have installed many of the Identica T500 scanners in the field this year and they are an awesome scanner. Clients simply love the speed, accuracy and features compared to the ST2 which we've sold up until now....Great product!

show me some comparing scans please.or load them up ill compare for you.
And we have a guy with transfer mounting problems seen them in their video ( Medit) too maybe you can help .

BrusJr

BrusJr

Reaction score
It is an app that allows for free scanning of objects or if you need some other type scans that aren't Jaw, Preop, etc.
Personally I don't use it very often as I trick the software into my bidding, but have some contacts that do and love it.

Larry RDC mentioned that Medit outputs 3shape. DOF does too as well as Maestro for their ortho/C & B software.
Where is it possible to get that software, free scan?

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
22687817_10214873594736102_7708274875085634160_n.jpg
22730216_10214873595216114_5143214312570686469_n.jpg
22688815_10214873594896106_4214862474998730633_n.jpg
22728873_10214873595256115_1409327488948929907_n.jpg

Open Technology
Photos from FB page

J

Josh townsend

Reaction score
Where is it possible to get that software, free scan?
@BrusJr This part of our software is available in our ScanApp scanning software. Unfortunately for now, it is only available to end users with a DOF scanner.

@2thm8kr Spot on with your description of the Free Scan option!
With this part of the software, you are also able to import any other scans (ie. intraoral scans) for alignment with any model you would like to scan.

BrusJr

BrusJr

Reaction score
This is nice for Open technology. It is questionable about precision and how to link model and die together.

Top Bottom